7-way connector wiring

The 7-way connecter on my 05 Ram 2500 does not have power on the positive pin in ther connector. As such I get no charging of my trailer battery when I am hooked up. What gives? What do I have to do to get this pin powered?

Thanks

Happy Turkey Day

Reply to
thepakman

It's supposed to. First, check the 20A fuse in the Integrated Power Module (used to be called a Power Distribution Center - but what's in a name?). It's fuse #19.

You can download the factory wiring diagram for your truck from here:

Tom Lawrence

thanks for the tip and the resource on the web

Reply to
thepakman

Tom:

You area whiz! Fuse 19 was blown in the Power Module. Will replace it and should be good to go.

The wiring diagram resource is awsome!

Thanks for your help

Reply to
thepakman

Just be sure to check your trailer's wiring before plugging it in again. Something made that fuse blow...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I think it was me when I accidentaly shorted the trailer battery while trying to hook-up the cables.

Thanks again

Reply to
thepakman