90 dodge ram

My battery will not hold charge, both the battery and alternator were tested and found to be ok. The check engine light is on but the scanner found no codes. Any help would be awesome

Reply to
gixxer05

Was the alternator checked on the truck? The regulator is part of the engine control module. If it's going dead over night, there may be something draining the battery. Like a lamp in the glove box??

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to
John Kunkel

I believe the '90 still has a seperate regulator.

Reply to
John Kunkel