98 Ram Speedo Off

I have a 98 Ram 4x4 and recently went from stock tires to 265/75x16 now the speedo is 5 mph off. How to fix? My GPS was the dam culprit it is smarter than the loose nut behing the wheel,
Thanks

A few options:
1. Take it to the dealer, have them re-program your pinion factor with the DRB-III scan tool. Cost about $100 2. Get a Truspeed from Superlift. See: http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1762 Cost about $200 3. Get a tuner, such as the Hypertech Power Programmer 3, and use it to calibrate your speedo (as well as tune other performance parameters). Cost about $300

Thanks

OR< 4. Live with it.. We know that at an indicated 60mph, we're doing about 64.. I believe it's 4% off due to tire size..
Dealer said that it would be 60 to 120 bucks re-program and it would be "close".. We told them no thanks, it's already "close"..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

5. Take ity over to Tom's house. He'll fix it for free.
beekeep
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:48:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

"Free" is a relative word, BK.. Might cost a few bucks to drive to Tom's house and back from Mexico.. Besides, with all the crime and violence in the States, I'm sort of afraid to go there.. ;-[
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
That's cool....we don't need any of that swine flu up here anyway. :^)
Laszlo Almasi
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:07:00 -0400, "Carolina Watercraft Works"
Us either.. No reported cases in Baja YET.. I heard that it hit the mainland already, though.. Damn Gringo tourists.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Couldn't do it, Greg.... don't have a DRB3 here. If I did, though, I certainly would.

What??? You can't just do your Vulcan Mind Meld thing on it??