air bag light

the airbag light came on for an unknown reason in our truck and was wondering if any of you mechanics could help out with an answer on why and also how to fix it

Reply to
mitimouse

This tends to be caused by a clock spring failure. What model and year is the vehicle?

Reply to
TBone

it is a 2003 dodge ram 1500

Reply to
mitimouse

I was mistaken it is a 2002 slt with lone star package..

Reply to
mitimouse

Also, the heating core element is out..A friend rerouted it so the heater/defrost does not work..It seems a little premature for this problem..Any answers?

Reply to
mitimouse