Another edition of, "what is that noise"?

I have a stupid question, I mean I do a lot of my own work, with the easy stuff, you know, like just tossing new pads on instead of paying someone else which always seems to involve turning or replacing everything etc. I seem to get by with that a lot. Still, it seems on many automotive type forums, I hear this complaint that JMC says (quoted below), but almost never hear what they did actually end up doing when all is finally fixed? So, I ask, Won't it slowly recover from this? as in wear in? I am just asking... some people probably are way to sensitive, maybe not, maybe I'm too in-sensitive. as long as the auto will stop good, will stop straight, I'm usually happy. now granted The wife gets the better (newer) and better (usually pay to have fixed) maintained car, so I am not risking her well being, with my shade tree stuff.

Granted when I do "my own pads" they don't last as long as when pro's do them, they can take a couple days to work "seemingly fine, no throbbing pedals" etc... But for the money spent per days of use, I'm usually satisfied with my results.

Lastly, I drive a crapload of miles each day (it was over 60 miles to work one way), but then again, not in city, nor in "FREEWAY" traffic where you guys are and are on the brakes all the time, so my needs maybe seem less, but then again I would think the brakes would "break in" much faster?

"PeterD" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
PlowBoy

The symptoms you have described occurred to me once before when I paid for someone to do a brake job on my truck. I had all 4 wheels done disc in front and drums on the rear. After a couple hundred miles it sound like crap when breaking. Brought it back to the shop and the mechanic and I took a test drive, He stated although it sounds like the front brakes is actually being caused by one of the rear drum brakes.

He took it back down and I replaced the drums with new ones and did not change the shoes. The problem went away. This happened on a 3/4 ton Chevy with 17 inch drums

Reply to
Licker