Belt Tensioner Assembly

Anybody know if the tensioner assembly for the serp. belt on a 1991 Dodge Dakota is the same for the 1992+ Dakotas? I've found one for the 1992 - 2003 but can't find one for the 1991 and looking at a pic of the 91-03 it looks identical to the one I need for my 91.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Matt

As long as the width and length are the same it'll work. If you can't determine those.; look at the engine component placement. If they are the same, the belt is the same. Joe

Reply to
Gunner

I had a '91, it's the only year with a smog pump, and they don't make the tensioners anymore. My mechanic spent a few hours at the parts store, putting one together that worked. Thought I'd never buy another Dodge after that....

Reply to
Bruce Porter