Bullbar question for the parts guys

Well, I have to say it some time: Our next posting is to Australia!

Been there before, but not with my Dakota or any 4x4, so I'm quite thrilled! However, there's the danger of roos, cattle, and the odd camel, so I'm thinking about a bullbar.

This is why it's to the parts guys: I need to know whether or not a bullbar for a 2001 Dakota SLT, in it's original box, is mailable through the APO, which means it must weigh less than 70 lbs and not exceed 130" in combined length and girth. I suspect that it isn't.

It's a common item where I'm going, so I'm not worried about getting it installed. However, as there's not even a Chrysler dealer there, I doubt I can order one through a local retailer that'll fit. If you think I'm wrong about this, please let me know.

Ideas on brands are welcome. I am looking for a real bullbar, not a "light bar". It'd be a shame to have one of the most travelled Dakotas in existence, only to have it totaled by a roo.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Sounds like fun. Where in Australia?

Couldn't you install it before sending the truck to Australia?

Tip: You can use Google to search for "Australian only" web pages at

Nosey

Nope, I'm not in Dodge country, I'm in the UK.

I already know they don't carry Dodge parts in Australia, what would I search for?

jmc

Reply to
jmc

I thought you already had both the truck and the bull bar at the same place and wanted to ship both the truck and the bull bar separately.

Anything you would normally search for except Dodge parts.

-- Ken

Reply to
Nosey

Forgive me if I'm dense. I know there's bullbars in Australia, but how would I, or the seller, have any idea if they'll fit on a Dakota? I'm already aware I can use different Googles when looking in different countries.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

I'd be willing to bet you can get one fabricated for your truck there. I'm sure someone down there knows how to bend and weld tubing.

Reply to
Nosey

Suddenly, without warning, Nosey exclaimed (12-Feb-06 4:35 PM):

Good idea. Didn't occur to me.

jmc

Reply to
jmc