Check engine light

I replaced the oxygen, temp, and speed sensors, also replaced thermostat, fuel pump, spark plugs and gave a diagnostic and check engine light remains on while driving and overheats occassionally for lack of fans turning on. Found a short in fans, now they are working and gave another diagnostic, tried to erase the codes, they will not erase and got these codes P1698 and P0500 after all this has been done. When test driving in (drive) the van will not go out of 1st gear and these codes still remain with the check engine light on. Does anyone have any suggestions, please help....Laura

Reply to
laura

My first suggestion would be to tell the group what kind of vehicle this is. Year, make, model, engine type.... why do people constantly need to be reminded of this?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I'm sorry its a 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Se 3.3 engine V6

Reply to
laura

I have a 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Se V6 3.3 engine and I replaced the oxygen, temp, and speed sensors, also replaced thermostat, fuel pump, spark plugs and gave a diagnostic and check engine light remains on while driving and overheats occassionally for lack of fans turning on. Found a short in fans, now they are working and gave another diagnostic, tried to erase the codes, they will not erase and got these codes P1698 and P0500 after all this has been done.

When test driving in (drive) the van will not go out of 1st gear and these codes still remain with the check engine light on. Does anyone have any suggestions, please help....

Thank You, Laura

Reply to
laura

From the MAX MicroTuner guide P0500­ No Vehicle Speed Sens Signal P1698­ No CCD/J1850 Message From TCM/PCM

S>I have a 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Se V6 3.3 engine and I replaced

Happy Camping. snipped-for-privacy@NOPANTS.juno.com Remove NOPANTS To reply by direct E-Mail;

2003 Dodge 1500 QC SB Hemi, A/T, Tow Package, 3.92 gears (11 mpg Towing) 2001 Aerolite 21RDB 21ft TT (Scales 2900 dry)
Reply to
Thats Me

Remember you made some cheap shot about me visiting Hole on one of my trips to FL???

I know your gonna love this one!

Yes I suppose go a little out of my way and visit Hole, then run right up I-75 and visit YOU!!!! Hell, you two are about neighbors. I'm sure he'd help you with some plowing if ya fall a little behind.

If you are real nice I'll post his phone number for ya. Maybe you two can hook up and do lunch.

You gotta know I'm sitting here laughing my fat ass of on this one!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

hey man out of curiosity how's the search for a camper going?

--ref "enough truck" aug 9 thread

Reply to
Chris Thompson