Dakota 2001 pickup

I am trouble starting my Dakota truck. It will start in the morning first try. Then when I drive it and try to start it again it will take

2 or 3 tries. The mechanic said I would have to replace the fuel filter which is $600. Others have said it couldn't be that because when I am driving it is fine. I would appreciate any help.Thank you!
Reply to
iamcanadian

The next time you do this, turn the key to the run position (not all the way to start) let it sit for a few seconds, then back to off and then try and start it.

Reply to
TBone