Dakota future

Has there been any information released as to the future of the Dakota under the new ownership? I love my 97 extended cab but have been pondering a crew cab. The Dakota is really the only regular size 1/2 ton truck on the market - all the manufacturers, including Dodge, have made their so-called

1/2 ton's into 3/4 ton ratings and exploded their size into something that won't fit in many garages. Do I need to hurry and find a new Dakota or is there a future for it?
Reply to
Electrician

The information I found says 2011 will be the last year for the Dakota.

I was hoping for a style change before I bought another Dakota. O well I guess I'll have to buy a F150.

JAM

Reply to
j-rod

That's too bad. The Dakota was the perfect size...not overly huge like the fullsize ones, but not wimpy like the Tacoma or Ranger either.

Why are they discontinuing it?

Reply to
Tom W. Butts

They say that no one wants one. ?????? Best midsize around in my book.

Reply to
zimpzampzormp