Dashboard

2001 1500 RAM 4x4, appx 60k miles. My dashboard has developed many cracks. Several are about to intersect such that large pieces of the dash will likely fall off. Anyone else had similar issues? Any thoughts on the cost of a replacement dash, and the task to replace? Thanks, O.
Reply to
Oregon

Last night I checked out my friend's dash on his '01 Ram. His has developed a couple cracks up near the center towards the windshield. His dash is a tan color. He looked at the dealer and I recall him sayin over 300 bucks. He's gonna check a boneyard now. My '01 is a darker color gray...and I haven't had any problems. I use Son of a Gun on it once a month. My cousin in Arizona knows guys that go through dashes being cracked all the time with heat. Hope some of this helps...

Reply to
tiggy

My '01 has about 70K miles, always parked outside, never use a sun shade. No cracks. Every once in a while I'll use whatever vinyl treatment I have lying around.

Reply to
.boB

I've been eyeing up this one from Geno's Garage for my '99 Ram. It doesn't look too hard to install.

Nosey