VIN research help

I have my eye on a 2001 1500 powered by a 5.9 L.

on a quick check it looked to have all the extras...xlt extended cab 4x4...

34 k miles... hitch says 10k lbs center loaded

car fax verifies milage etc. they want 17.5k.

my question, can I find all options installed by using vin on the net ?

as an aside.. this has a carpet thing on the dash held by velcro strips glued to dash....looks like a, nevermind. If I buy I wou;d like to remove the velcro parts glued to the dash without dammage/ discoloration..

My main questions are options.... limited slip, towing package....skid plates etc !

Henry

Reply to
Henry

No - but your dealer can give you a complete options list if you give them the VIN.

Yeah - a dashmat. Usually put on to cover up cracks in the dash.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I pulled the carpet off and didnt see any cracks..... I want to take off the glued on strips off the dash.....a solvent that wont dammage the vinal

Thanks though.

Henry

Reply to
Henry

take the VIN to your local Dodge dealer's Parts Dept.

ask for a print out

if the parts guy isn't a total asshole, he will do it for you

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Henry:

email me with your VIN and I will get the info and email it to you.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

In Public... Thank you sir.

Reply to
Henry

I went back to purchase it next day and was told no one knew where it was.... not on lot or shop..... but they had something else to show me...... They tried to play me like a banjo.

I went and bought a new F150 4x4 lariat instead tow package etc.

This would have been my fourth dodge truck from that dealership.....to bad !

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Henry, best of luck with the Ford. I had a '91 F-150 and I LOVED it. If the Dodge dealer couldn't put together a good deal for you, you did the right thing. Competition is what keeps the prices down. I believe you would have been happy with a Dodge, but you have to do what you have to do. Congratulations on the new truck.

-- Ken

Reply to
Nosey

Ah, well... your loss :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Yea, with the current employee discount, I would have bought the SuperDuty instead.

Reply to
TBone