Fuel overflow recall on 2005 Durango

I know there was a recall for certain 2005 Durangos due to fuel oveflowing when you fill the gas tank. We just recently found out about this. My husband's 2005 Durango now has the same exact problem, but it's out of warranty by three months and his VIN is not under the recall.

Is he just sh*t out of luck, or has anyone had any luck getting Dodge to cover a recall that doesn't support a particular VIN? It's the SAME problem, but he is getting nowhere with the dealer or Dodge. It will cost $700 to fix if we pay for it.

Thanks for any insight you might have.

Reply to
emtaylor

Look here -

to this web page it's covered

Reply to
bg

The problem is that they are saying that only SOME 2005 Durangos are covered, and ours is not one of them. Which makes no sense to me. When my husband fills up the truck, gas spews out of the tank opening every time. Last time it sprayed all over him. It's very frustrating that they will not cover it.

Thanks.

Reply to
emtaylor