Gas prices coming on down!

Well finally gas prices are comming down some. I paid $2.49/gallon yesterday, the cheapest its been here in North Carolina for a while! It only cost $56 to fill up my Ram, compaired to $74 few weeks ago. They say its comming down to $2 soon!

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Even if it does, don't count on it staying that way.

Reply to
TBone

Here is something that I still don't understand, why is the price for diesel higher then for gas? As I understood it, it takes less refining for diesel then for gas.

Reply to
azwiley1

I understand your enthusiasm, I was glad to see it at $2.29 yesterday myself. But, how sad is it that we're looking forward to $2/gal?

Ron W.

Reply to
Ron Webb

There is a few reasons that diesel is high still. Right now heating oil/ diesel is trading at about 1.92 on futures market and gas for

1.65. Diesel has more road tax that gas does so figure on about 75 cents to 1 buck more for diesel than trade price depending on where you are for tax and distriibution. With gas figure on 45 to 65 cent markup for same depending on where you are. Also they are stiarting to stock pile heating oil for winter now so do not hold your breath looking for cheap diesel because it is about as cheap as it is going to get now and if it is a cold winter figure on 50 cents to a buck more a gallon for it. The days of diesel being cheaper than gas are gone forever most likely. Then there is the cost to remove sulpher which adds 8 to 15 cents a gallon too and all fuel must be low sulpher next year and continue to get even lower in coming years reaching its target of around 5 PPM by 2013 which will add even more cost to fuel in future. BTW I filled up with 93 octane yesterday for 2.39/gal and 87 is 2.19. Diesel here is 2.87.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Just put gas in my g/f's car yesterday....$2.39/gal in Raleigh.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

Have you found that knock sensor yet?

just wondering.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Well here in Southern Calif. regular is $2.89, and kinda pleased to see that. $2.00 a gallon here, I don't think so.

Reply to
Paul O.

Hey, I miss 29.9 cents/gallon for 105.5 octane Sunoco. . . . . .

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yea, i remember a few years ago it was only $.98. $2/gal was sky high, but it beats paying $3/gallon.

Reply to
Scott

Its 98¢ a litre here or 3.71 gal

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Where is "here"? I think that's your government's tax making it that high. They need to bring in funds somehow to pay for all those things they give you guys

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

$2.59 in seacoast area of New Hampshire.

Reply to
Hp

IHHO, 2.49 a gallon isn't cheap, it's just less of a ripoff than $3.25 a gallon..

Down to $2.85 - $2.99 here in central CA and they say it's because sales are down, especially for the Labor Day weekend... Way under projected use.... Maybe if you guys would all quit driving for a while, I could afford gas here!

(It's a little over $1.00 a gallon cheaper in Baja, after the liter/peso conversion)

Mac

mac davis

Yep.. wasn't that long ago that it hit $1.25 here and everyone was bitching.. Mac

mac davis

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Guess you have not grown up still huh? Get a life

93 octane was 2.33 today here. 87 was 2.13, diesel still 2.87

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Today it came down to $2.45 but diesel is $2.81

Reply to
Scott

$2.91 a gallon in Southern Oregon. They say it is still higher here because we get some of our oil from Alaska. When Katrina hit, our gas prices skyrocketed, and they said it was because none of our oil came from Alaska. Go figure. HD

Reply to
HoDad

Whenever I hear the news report the highest price for gas is in Hawaii (this morning they report 3.19/gal for 87) I wonder if they've ever been to the California Central Coast - area between Lompoc and San Luis Obispo. I paid

3.29 yesterday for 87 and was glad for it.
Reply to
Ed H.