Happy 4th

Suddenly, without warning, azwiley1 exclaimed (7/5/2007 2:57 PM):

The 4th was over for me some time ago (quiet, since when you're overseas there's not a lot of hoo-ha about a strictly American holiday ), it's

9pm on the 5th here. But happy 4th to those just getting started!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Same to you. We didn't have any fireworks though. The barge they were on was swamped by waves.

Reply to
Roy

Roy thought everyone should know:

well happy 4th to everyone. things were so crazy round here i didn't get to post the usual holiday greeting glad Larry picked up the slack though

*grin*

we didn't do our usual 4th trip, my wife wanted to go to her best friends pool party so that's what we done the first part of the day. then round 6 we hooked the boat up and went to watch the fireworks from the water on Tobosofkee. (they shoot them off from one of the rec parks out over the water, the boat is the best place to be if you ask me. they go off right over top of you that way *grin*)

since we left late instead of at 10 am like usual to go tube and grill out ect. we decided to use the liberty instead of the truck because we knew the boat launch area was going to be extremely crowded. and i have to say the liberty did extremely well for a little truck. it handled the 24' pontoon as well as any little truck had before. drug it up from a stop faster than my grandmother's F150 could, and held 75mph on the flats like it was nothing.

all in all it was an hour and 20 min on the highway that took a little less than a 1/4 of a tank in fuel. I'd say we done alright. and really enjoyed the fireworks show. the boys were sacked out by the time we got back though.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Things were really "popping" here in Baja.... of course, fireworks of just about any kind are legal and the locals don't need much of a reason to make the place look like Baghdad being attacked.. lol

We were planning a quiet night at home but got dragged to a neighbors house for a bbq/party... It was kinda nice to pig out on gringo food and watch the fireworks... (and hear the sirens, of course.. lol)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Happy 4th. In Dallas this year we didn't have to worry about fires started from fireworks. Everything is very moist. It has rained at least 50 out of the last 60 days. Lakes, rivers and creeks are overflowing. My lawn is dying from too much water. The mosquitoes are INSANE. They literally dive bomb.

Just last year, we were worried about the ongoing drought. We wished for rain ... and boy did we get it.

On the positive side, for the first time since I can remember, we have yet to hit 100 degrees. Usually that starts in April or May. In fact, I think we have only had a handful of days over 90.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

I wish that were the case here. We are in a drought for the third year in a row and it has been a record year for days over 90.

Reply to
TBone