Heater kills

When i took my foot off the gas it would die. Went and got some fuel inject cleaner. started the truck and it stayed running. let it run for 10 minutes or so, and then took it for a trip around the block. it ran fine. got home turned on the heater and it died. Turned the heater off and it started fine turned it on, died. The check engine light for the past 2 years or so, has came on whenever i turned the heat on. Any ideas?

Its a 98 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.2

Thanks, dakota1126

Reply to
dakota1126

The heater box controls use engine vacume.

Reply to
.boB

Yep. Get a code reader, and find out what codes are being set.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

"" wrote: > > Any ideas? > > Yep. Get a code reader, and find out what codes are being > set.

Thanx for the help guys. Found out it was the Throtle Possision Sensor.

Reply to
dakota1126

And you guys laugh about my spelling.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Of course, we do.

He hasn't written, "X" as a spelling for, "left handed dinglewidget with the coarse threads holding the thingamabob to the whatsit which broke when I ran over a hive full of bees on steroids."

VBG

(gotcha!!!)

Budd

beekeep wrote: