Is it that hard to put back together?

::sigh:: took my truck in yesterday morning to get the A/C fixed. Sure enough, it was the evaporator, which on my Dodge Dakota, requires taking the entire dash off to get at (phooey).

Well, they got it apart yesterday morning, but then the part arrived two hours late. So, he said, maybe 9 or 10am tomorrow it'll be done.

Nope. I called at 10:15, it's "taking longer than expected" to get "it" back together (I'm not sure if it's the evaporator assembly or the dash), and may be as many as two more hours to complete.

Is it really that hard to put it back together? I know it took me for-ev-ah to get the steering column back to rights after replacing the ignition switch, but I'm an amateur.

(and I just realized, that means the cost of this is going up exponentially too. phooey x 2)

On the good side, boss said to take the rest of the day off, the sun's come out and they're predicting 68f before the afternoon t-storms fire up.

It'd be a lot nicer if I could actually *go* somewheres, but at least it's nice out on the deck, watching the cat fend of the squirrels, the birds ignoring the cat, and me reading my Kindle2 :)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

I understand that repair is a large pia.

Seeing as your already bummed.

It's 85 with a nice sea breeze, the fish wasn't so good but the beach is always nice.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (4/21/2009 10:57 AM):

Answering myself... bad form, I know.

Anyway, apparently it was that hard. Kenny (the mechanic) said they had a devil of a time getting the dash back on, then it suddenly went where it was supposed to.

I very much appreciate my luck in having a trustworthy, competent shop near my home. Even though the amount of time they spent on the vehicle was about double what was estimated, the cost was $500 less than the estimate. Plus, I had 'em look at the steering intermediate shaft, and though they could have easily said, "Yes ma'm, that needs to be replaced too", Kenny said it was fine and squirted some oil on it - and at the moment that seems to have worked. I'll know for sure on Saturday when the temps are supposed to get up to 80f (yick).

jmc

Reply to
jmc

It sounds to me like you had plenty of time to go in and bake some damned cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I used up all my baking energy yesterday, making hand-made sourdough bread.

Sorry, Denny :)

Reply to
jmc

Reply to