I take it all back...

...I dont like old cars any more. Looks like the bottom end has gone on the new MR2 :(

Arse f*ck bollocks s**te etc.

Luckily we budgeted to spend £2k and spent no where near that so should be able to sort it out and still be in budget, but what a pain in the arse!

To cheer myself up I'm gonna go and buy a car tomorrow :) Looking at a Rover 216 GTi DOHC or a Citroen ZX 1.9i 8v

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

funny! my OLD MK1 MR2 had the same thing happen after i let the oil get a tad low *cough*

Reply to
Vamp

Buy the Rover... bloody excellent cars, and will put up with as much abuse as you can throw at it! :-D

Reply to
JackH

There was one I was interested in, but its 97k miles and hasnt had a cambelt change and is only taxed till Aug and is still £600. Now cant find any more locally :( In fact I cant find anything I like locally :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

buy the rover :) had one a few years back and it wee'd all over my astra gte

16v from great heights. very reliable very bullet proof seeing as its a honda lump :) just sort the breathing out and your half way there.
Reply to
Rob

Reply to
JackH

I'll sell you a BX...

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No you wont!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

R reg 620Ti, Sir?

Reply to
JackH

He'll double try and give you some money ;-)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Nah. Looking at 220 GSi too now (non turbo), or possibly a Scirocco.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I've already had the full sales pitch!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Tee hee, i'm drunk and just thought i'dget in on this thread. Get the ZX:)

Reply to
DanTXD

Bloody students!

The ZX is the one I want but the bloke hasnt got back to me

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Pah. Chuck the Toyota 1.6 out and put a diesel in there.

Okay it would a MR2d and if you say it together it sounds like "merde," but hey if you're considering a French car it won't make any difference! :)

But seriously. You know it makes sense: 1990s vintage four cylinder turbodiesel, MR2, perfect match.

Rover 216 or Citroen ZX? The ZX. The 216 has a lovely revvy Honda donk but the ZX has proper torque all over the rev range and the drive is superb. The 216 is merely a sporty version of the standard Rover.

Reply to
DervMan

Shut it you tart! :)

Well the Rover is too much for what it is and the ZX man isnt returning my calls and I cant find any others locally that I like as all the MoTs are too short. Now looking at a 220GSi, which if its still there and I can get cheap I might get. Or possibly an 1800 Scirroco. Gonna wander downstairs and get a newspaper to see what else is going cheap first though.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Can you afford to wait?

Hmm. You're looking for the elderly widow with no idea of its value I guess?

Getting better then...

Reply to
DervMan

Not really, as the MX5 needs to go and people are coming over today, the MR2 isnt really driveable, so I need a car and the other half needs a car and only the XR is left.

Summat like that. Off to look at a clean one with a years MoT, 6 months tax with the owners moving abroad (apparently) so wanting a quick sale. Fingers crossed!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

If you're going Scirocco there's only one to get, and that's the Storm, injection jobbie. Or the 16v, but they're rare as rocking horse shit and LHD. Or a carb'd one, but if it's on the original, budget for the carb to f*ck up at any minute and to replace it with a decent one!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Time for a supercharger upgrade. : )

Fraser