junp a battery + to -

I have a 1999 dodge Durango and my daughters friend jumped batteries and the put the cable on the wrong pole

  • to - and tried to start the car I and messed it up I changed the alternator but the dodge still don't charge the battery can some one tell me what the problem mite be thanks [[pat]]
Reply to
detap

Batteries on one or both vehicles could easily be shot. You're lucky the batteries didn't explode and spray acid everywhere.

Reply to
Miles

The regulator in the modern Dodge is part of the computer. Connecting the battery backwards may have damaged it. Does the truck run?

Reply to
TBone

I recently seen that happen to a CR-X. so far all i have seen wrong with this guys CR-X is a blown fuse (it blew the main fuse to the PDC). maybe your lucky like he was..........maybe not.............. check the fuses and have the battery checked like what some others posted.

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

Usually blows a fusible link. Look for a burnt thing that looks like a wire. You can buy a replacement at any good auto parts store.

Al.

Reply to
Big Al