K & N Filter --- worth it??

it really doesn't matter, because 1% is 1%. any way you look at it. Also, it depends on your driving environment. As a filter begins to soil, it filters better than when it is clean. So say, someone who lives in Los Angelos will have made up the 1% difference within a day compared to someone in Denver CO. Actually, who cares, better performance, and the small dirt particle that will pass at 1% will have virtually no effect on your engine as long as you change your oil regularly...Wake up people.....common sense....and common math...3%-2%=1% Robb

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

ok dip shi*s, you fail to grasp the reality of the situation.....let me spell it out for you S L O W L Y your math is correct by any calculator. your theorey is what is completely bird brained. you are not including the many many other variables involved to come to that final point of 150%. It is only a one percent difference....your theorey behind the division is what is at fault... Wrong formula, wrong situation. I believe with your calculations, are inaccurate... both filters experess their effectiveness in a percentage of.....what? Amount of particles stopped by a given chart as to what is or isn't acceptable.....you must use their chart to see the difference. Both being equal, they are only 1% apart. Their math. see the calculation in many other postings above. Possibly you are believing, what??? What is the 150% . You divide the percentages to come up with 1.5. Just because you convert that to percentage doesnt mean squat without a sound theorey...... MY LAST POST ON THIS

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

hey, Braniac:

the derivation of the percentages have been posted here over and over:

a K&N filters 97%

an OEM filters 98%

you go bone up on 4th grade math, I'm sure after a few weeks of Dick and Jane and Spot problems, you will be able to figure it out

Reply to
TranSurgeon