Lifter Question

Does anyone know the approximate life of the Dodge 318 c.i Hyd lifter? My

1996 Ram 1500 4X2 has 288K miles on it, and I was wondering if I should replace the lifters. I am not having problems with it, however I would like to keep this truck on the road for as long as possible! Any information would be a great help to me. Thanks David
Reply to
DMSO

As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you really have 288K miles on it already, the lifters should be the least of your concerns.

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
DMSO

what kind of nasty surprise are you expecting out of a lifter?

if it isn't ticking then I'd leave it be.

Reply to
Chris Thompson