Little squeak when reversing

2001 Dakota SLT, 4x4

It's developed this little squeak, like something needs oil, when backing. It's not the brakes (or brake warning), I think, since the noise isn't happening when I apply the brakes. Generally, it squeaks once, like a door opening (squeeee), then stops. It may be related to turning sharply, as I only notice the squeak when backing out of the carport. It's coming from the back end, somewhere.

It's not very loud, I only hear it when I've got the window rolled down. I've tried the brake setting procedures (driving forward/back and braking sharply, but no change.

Is this just one of those sounds older trucks pick up over time, or something that should be investigated? What might it be?

jmc

Reply to
jmc

JAKE