93 dodge dakota not shifting correctly

I have a 93 dodge dakota truck 3.9L, it's automatic. When I turn the truck on and put in gear I press the gas pedal and it takes off slowly then speeds up. When going down the highway with the gas pedal pushed down, I get high rpms but the truck does not go to the next gear unless I take my foot off the pedal. Could it be the passing gear? Please advise. Thanks

Reply to
texastig

o<

I advise you to carry it for a FREE ck out at the local tranny shop. It's broke, you can't fix it.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal....reaches down in the baitwell~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster