Navigation system

Thanks Mike, helpful info.

Heck I thought you'd have them turned on now.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Why do I always get drug into this??? Must be some kind of profiling going on here...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

you mean he turns them off??????

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Are "maps" sounding better yet????

VBG

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Has to be some kind of law against letting an opening line like that slip by, bro.. *lol*

Mac

mac davis

I like both Delorme and Streets & trips, Mike... both have their good and bad, especially when I have to argue with it about the route.. lol

We mainly changed to S&T because Delorme didn't cover baja and S&T has a little coverage there, at least the hiway and main towns..

Do you use the laptop to monitor the temp on the heated seats? Mac

mac davis

Even the wabbit is going to have a comment about you licking your heated seats, Mike.. that's pretty kinky.. Mac

mac davis

Couldn't have anything to do with the silhouette... all rams have bunny ears flopping out the window, right?

Mac

mac davis

I was playing with the gps in my brothers lexus suv when he put it in reverse and it became a monitor for the back up camera.. kind of freaky, if you're not expecting it... Mac

mac davis

I suppose if you didn't, the friggin' rabbit would have used it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Tongue warmers??????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Naw, I use the exhaust gas pyro gauge. I have a toggle swicth that allows me to switch between exhaust temp and tush temp.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Does it redline at taco bell? Mac

mac davis

I agree with miles, the factory nav unit is much preferred to a bunch of wires and mounting brackets. However, one warning: (I could be an isolated case), one year after I bought my truck, the factory nav unit became very unreliable. 20% of the time it wouldn't read the disc ... and slowly it progressed to 100% of the time.

The dealer swore up and down that it was the disc itself. However, he could not explain why it worked fine in other vehicles with the same unit. They finally decided to replace the unit under warranty.

It has been perfect ever since ... with the original disc.

Craig C.

Reply to
mcraigchr

Should we even ask where you have the second thermocouple? :^)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

You could do this:

Advantages:

1) Add a Verizon PC Card or teather to a Treo Palm and buy music and videos via iTunes while driving down the road. 2) Route 66 GPS software 3) Touch screen and infared remote for convenience. 4) Mac Power!

5) Autosync your home machine with your truck when you pull into your driveway if you have a wireless network.

6) Chicks would dig you.

Disadvanatges:

1) You would pay less attention to the road, resulting in:

a. Increased road rage experiences b. a fender bender.

Craig C.

Reply to
mcraigchr

There's one in every group ain't there Tom?

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

You missed this part "moved from car to truck easily" of my question.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

no we didn't. we just suggest you system in the car and put the car in the back of the Ram and use the nav system that way *great big grin*

Reply to
Chris Thompson

If you're not really sure, would it be a suppose - a - tory?? Mac

mac davis