Cigar lighter

Can anyone help me?

I have an 'S' registered Ford Focus.

As a non-smoker you would think a working cigar lighter was something I don't need.

But I need it in order to quick charge my model plane's batteries!

I wonder if there is anyone who could advise me on replacing the cigar lighter. Where to buy a replacement and how to fit it....

Thanks in advance for your help....

Mordechai

Reply to
davemklein

In message , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote

In modern cars the cigar lighter without the pull-out part is called a power socket - and often fitted with a plastic cover saying 12v power socket. :)

Throw away the cigar lighter bit and get a power plug that fits into the mating half. Any car accessory shop should have a suitable plug.

A random google search brings up

Reply to
Alan

Only sensible place to get it is a dealer.

(Brief description from Haynes):

Dis battery. Remove radio. Undo 4 screws where radio was. Release the retaining clips inside the insert and slide it out.

Fuse is F46 (15A), behind the glove box, if you haven't checked it already.

Reply to
Chris Whelan