O2 sensor question

Hi folks. 02 Dakota V6 64K mi. Code P0161. I know this is the sensor after the cat. My question is this: is this covered under 80K mi emissions warranty. I am forced to use a dealer that I have had run ins with before since the old dealer was wiped out last year. I would like to know before I take it in as I don't trust this dealer to be up front. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
mowingy

The oxygen sensor would not be covered but if by some chance it has a defective pcm causing this code (it is a possibility) then the pcm is a covered component.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

The oxygen sensor would not be covered but if by some chance it has a defective pcm causing this code (it is a possibility) then the pcm is a covered component.

Denny ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hey Denny, I thought all smog crap was covered. Is it because it is a "Normal wear" item?

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

At one time, emission related parts were covered 5/50. When they changed to 8/80 only the pcm and cat converter were covered. Everything else is 3/36.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

At one time, emission related parts were covered 5/50. When they changed to 8/80 only the pcm and cat converter were covered. Everything else is 3/36.

Denny

Don't ferget the MIL bulb is also 8/80... go figger...

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

You got me on that one Mike....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

If the code is for the 02 sensor it is telling you that the sensor is getting a bad reading and something upstream is wrong causing the sensor to give a code. There is a test procedure based on that code to find what is wrong.

Reply to
Mark Rudy II