Opening rear doors instead of tailgate ram 1500

Hi I have a 2003 quad cab 1500 pick up.

I am trying to find out if there is someone who makes conversion to the tailgate.

I am looking to replace it with two opening type doors similar to the ford excursion rear arrangement.

Why you ask ?. well I have a German Sheppard whose back legs are going and the tail gate is two high, but with a door arrangement he could use the bumper step on the way up.

Any help would be appreciated as I live in the UK and this sort of information is hard to get.

Thank

Ray Bright

Reply to
ray

I've used a ramp for a couple of my shepards through the years. There are a couple that are fiberglass or plastic that hinge in the middle, light weight and easy storage. Go here:

Search ramps.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Thanks for that

I have brought one but due to the height of the tail gate the angle is to great for the dog to get up.

That's how I have decided to try and use the step to lower the first entry point.

Reply to
yar

You keep your old dog in the truck box? :-(

Reply to
High Sierra

Sorry but not sold here in the UK

Reply to