OT but interesting

what a moron.

Reply to
theguy

listen to the command staff of the armed services over there. they have had several plans but they don't fit our "political needs" and there is a fear that their would too many "innocent" lives lost and that would infuriate the muslim population even more. as a result, we fight a political war with political rules and our soldiers continue to die.

Reply to
theguy

I was my observation in the 60's that war is much easier from an observation helicopter or officers club than it is on the ground..

Mac

mac davis

Hey, what happened to,

"continue your proclaimation of great importance but this will be the last post to you from me, about this."

a few posts ago?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

A plan? The plan is to not start a bogus war in the first place.

Like trying to put the pin back into a grenade that's already exploded.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Larry, is the situation with budd the cause for your unusual anger?(not really the word I'm looking for)

Roy

Reply to
Roy

No Roy, the situation with budd has nothing to do with it. My point, I thought should have been easy to follow. I disagreed with some one, based off my knowledge and expertise on a subject, a subject I have been involved with since 91 and as usual the derogatory insults and comments start, not a rebuttal from the person I disagreed with, with factual information. I then stood up for myself.

But yet, it's all ok as long as it comes from some in here, but not others. I don't agree with all the postings made by Budd about the religious stuff, but I also don't agree with the way everyone here has jumped on him and jump on others as they see fit, just because.

Reply to
azwiley1

Understood.

I think history may have a bunch to do with it. Is what it is I guess.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Can you elaborate?

Reply to
azwiley1

Sure but I'll be very brief to keep the peace. The last session was not the first with budd. It was about the fourth. Imo people have gotton tired of it and patience has worn thin. I suppose you could google it but this last was reflective of the the other's. I've used the kill file for the last two. Just not into it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

how about i make it easy for both he and i.

i will be done with this as of now.

Reply to
theguy

Here's an idea:

We could talk about Dodge trucks. This is alt.autos.dodge.trucks afterall.

Just a suggestion ...

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Reply to
azwiley1

Hey Craig, something I have noticed and has me wondering. If you are going to attempt to sway or moderate (however you care to word it) the discussions in here to stay ONLY on the topic of dodge trucks, how come you don't interject something in to every topic that goes off topic?

As an example, this topic started with and has been an off topic topic, as indicated in the subject. The RCR thread started OT, does not indicate that it is an OT topic in the subject line and has gone from NASCAR to football, but no interjection to stay on topic (as you see it) and talk only about dodge trucks.

Selective moderati>> But yet, it's all ok as long as it comes from some in here, but not >> others.

Reply to
azwiley1

Craig, it has been customary in this group to talk and to post pics of anything we want. I like reading the ot stuff, the things that I've learned over the years have been interesting to say the least. If you don't like the thread, don't read it.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

1) I don't read every single thread. Even if I did, the occasional OT thread is normal, IMO. What has become abnormal is the frequency that tempers escalate over topics that are best left alone. 2) Most threads that deal with politics or religion usually end up in a blood pressure explosion for one or more people (including me ... in my recent past). 3) I still maintain that I am not attempting to moderate the discussion. It does not change the FACT that the subject of this ng is NOT the war or your lack of or excessive knowledge thereof. 4) There are plenty of ng's that deal with politics and religion. Why not go there to brag about your war knowledge? 5) I highly doubt that *anyone* here subscribed to talk about religion or politics.

Nope. Just hoping that we can all "just get along" and talk about the thing we all have in common, which is the reason we subscribed to this ng in the first place.

I put Budd in the killfile. I hope that I don't have to add you too. If memory serves, your knowledge of Dodge trucks has helped me and many others in the past.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Unfortunately, the OT posts or On Topic ones that degrade into pissing matches are far and away the ones with the most action/postings...

Life is sort of made up of human nature.. *g* Mac

mac davis