OT: Early Weekend BS Post

Ok, this is really more for the NASCAR fans and is more likely the question of the year.

Who's seat will Dale Jr plant his ass in next season?

For those that missed it, he annouced today that he will not be back with DEI next year. I see DEI really stuggling because of this, as both the Eurie's are leaving with him and it appears Bud will also.

Reply to
azwiley1

my guess and its just a guess but i think RCR will snag him up.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Yup! My guess too! He will run the #3 in Bud red.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Yup, that has my vote as well.

I think we can eliminate any chance of him going to Waltrip.

Reply to
Roy

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Nope, his identity is already established in the 8 car. Doubtful Childress would put the 3 back on the track imo.

While I have your attention Greg. A quick question, the usual question. Heading back north a week from Sat., should be ready to take the plunge between noon and 3pm if things go well. Based on a month or so ago I'm inclined to go for it, you have any thoughts? If something comes up between now and next Fri night give me a shout please. Thanks!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Been hearing talk about Childress putting LE into a 33 car.

Reply to
Roy

Well, right now, as I was just reading the latest, RCR has stated that they are not talking to him as they are going to afford him some time and space to sort things out. However, this does not mean they are not interested in him. There is also Joe Gibbs racing who could pick him up as they only have 3 teams currently. HMS has 4 so they would have to drop some one to get LE if they wanted him. How about the team the Martin is running for, Bobby Ginn racing?

I personally would love to see him at RCR in the Black 3!

Reply to
azwiley1

Ginn has the bucks. Lives around here. His drivers, well a couple of them are part timers so that is a consideration. But they are a new team, and won't be in a position to contend for a few years. I feel given the relationship with RCR and LE it is a natural. Harvick and Burton would welcome him.

That # should not be raced imo. But a 33 might be nice.

Reply to
Roy

Ya see Martin is in a Hendrick car for tonights race.

Reply to
Roy

I disagree about Ginn Racing not being able to content. Look at where Martin was sitting in points before he took his break at Bristol, 3rd as I recall. I think that if he would have raced a full season he and the team would have finished in the top 5. I do agree though, seeing him with RCR would be great, I do want to know how Harvick will feel about not being top seat anymore.

Reply to
azwiley1

I haven't heard of any closures scheduled for this weekend.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I don't see a problem with Harvick. He has his own fan base and if anything I think Jr will blend in well him and Burton. All three are pretty close in talent and the information shared should help them all.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Thanks Greg. I'm going through next Saturday 5/19, hopefully between noon and 3pm. Please let me know if you hear of anything up for next Saturday. Gotta tell ya your info has been a real help, especially the around route you gave me last year. I keep it with me just in case. Thanks again.

Roy

Reply to
Roy