OT PING --> GG

But why would such a great cheby need rebuilding, larry? *eg*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Piston-slapped itself to death, would be my guess :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Age man, you know the item that is affecting you and many others in the group. ;^)

It has almost 151k on it now and when I "play" with the motor the way I want, it is all getting taken care of.

Reply to
azwiley1

Only if it were a Ram. LOL

Like I said, 151k on it and I don't even burn oil.

Reply to
azwiley1

Is that because it all leaks out before it gets the chance to burn it :-)

Reply to
TBone

Only if it were a Ram!

Reply to
azwiley1

Aw, come on, Larry... if it were a Ram, it would suck all the oil in through plenum gasket, and ping itself to death.... a subtle, but important, difference :)

46K, and I burn about 20 gallons a week :)
Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Hmmm, no ping, no knock, no lost power, it doesn't burn, leak or swallow oil. Have not done anything other then routine maintenance and some performance/power mods with 151k on it.

DAMN!!! I should have kept the Ram!

Reply to
azwiley1

yup.. I'm almost "aged to perfection" and will probably still be pulling the trailer with our 99 ram when your NEXT chevy needs rebuilding..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Wait a minute there "pops" you need to read my postings again, I NEVER said it NEEDED rebuilding, I said (indicated) that I was going to beef up the tranny when I start my rework, performance improvements to the engine.

I th>

Reply to
azwiley1

actually, you said that it didn't need it YET, dude... that would imply that it will eventually, and since I'm too mean to die, I'll outlive it.. BTW: don't worry about cold weather piston slap in GM engines... it's just the pistons bitch-slapping the cylinder sleeves, trying to wake them up..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Hey bro!! Looks like ya been found out. Pops?? Gotta love it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

yeah, it catches up with ya, doesn't it, gramps? rofl