OT PING --> GG

oddly enough you asked me about chief joseph highway and two days later i got a call to repair an ice machine down in cooke city mt (beartooth pass is closed due to snow, so the next best route is chief joseph highway). i took pictures and video of the trip down chief joseph highway, and you can see them at

Nathan W. Collier

WTF Nathan,you only say hi to certain ppl?

Reply to
azwiley1

Suddenly, without warning, Nathan W. Collier exclaimed (5/14/2005 7:12 AM):

One of my favorite roads, next to the Beartooth Highway. And it's all in our backyard when we retire (we've got some land near Cody, WY).

jmc

Reply to
jmc

nice pictures..........beautiful country.

Reply to
the guy

Liked the video. I've been over that pass several times but always in July/August. Sure does look different with snow..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

lol not at all....how goes it larry?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

im up in billings but do a lot of work down in cody. in general there arent many places in wyoming where id like to be but i could stay in cody.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Suddenly, without warning, Nathan W. Collier exclaimed (5/14/2005 7:06 PM):

You don't happen to work for Montana Dodge (or did it change names)? I picked my truck up from there back in 2001; purchased through a special website for overseas military returning to the US.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

montana dodge did indeed change its name to lithia dodge, and while its the same place where i bought my '04.5 cummins i dont work for them. i do commercial refrigeration with a bit of hvac and welding thrown in.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Things are going, still in AZ, trying to buy a house, not in the Army, working at Home Depot F/T, going to school F/T for my AAS in Network Technologies.

Reply to
azwiley1

?? when/why did you get out?

wow, that move took a lot of balls. do you already have a lead on a job or something?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Last day in the Army was 30 March. Spent the last year plus as a net admin and something I have always been into. HD is treating me well, so far. Waiting until Sept, so I can reapply for my clearance, then there a lot of places chomping at the bit to hire me as a net admin. Have to have that clearance though.

Reply to
azwiley1

hey Nate

the first time we 'did the Beartooth' was in 98 in the old 84 B-350

the 360 was gasping pretty hard at the top

the next year we did it in the 93 GrandAm w. the Quad4

MUCH more fun

we did the Chief Joseph from S to N

don't know how it is N to S, looks like it would be a bit more dramatic

also in 2000, did Monarch Pass near Salida CO in our old 86 Ranger, first year for FI on the 2.9, won't adapt more than about 6000 ft

last March we did a quick one-week-er to the Big Horn Basin and back, the 91 Die-Nasty didn't miss a beat in 4k in 7 days

the 3.3 /A604 is a winning combo

TranSurgeon

Hey there G.

Have a question for you, with a 4R80E fit (directly) into my 99 NBS Silverado which currently has the 4R60E?

Reply to
azwiley1

You've still got a couple of Mopar chromosomes mixed in your DNA there... it's a 4L60E and 4L80E in the Chebbies... 46RE and 48RE (47RE, too) in the real trucks :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Damn, I will have to sue the Doc, the transfusion did not work successfully! Damn Quacks!!!

But it's ironic you knew what I meant, so I have to wonder Tom. LOL

Reply to
azwiley1

nope

if you mean 4L60E and 4L80E, that is...................

Reply to
TranSurgeon

That's what I meant, yes. How much would be involved to swap them? Thinking about it so I have the bigger trans behind the motor when I rebuild it.

Reply to
azwiley1

I had a young fellow in here two years ago that was doing a 'complete engine and transmission from a 98 (with an 80E) into a 94 (which had a 60E)' type of swap

he swapped wiring harnesses and all, but later had to go back to the 60E when the 80 crapped

there was some kind of problem with re-wiring the transmission connector, he cut the 60E end off his old harness and spliced it wire-for-wire, but came to me when it wouldn't shift right, and I figured out the right wires to swap

in other words, the comp will drive both units, but the wiring is different

if you could find a wiring harness and comp from a truck that is identical in all other respects....cruise, 4WD, etc, it would be a snap

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Thanks bud, I'll keep that in mind when (ever) I get to start doing it all.

:^)

Reply to
azwiley1