Joseph Lucas Part Number

A couple of questions -does Joseph Lucas have a website or maybe they domne even exist nowadays -anyone know ?? Secondly is there any way I can find if a Lucas part number is appropriate for a particular car -its a starter motor . Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

A couple of questions -does Joseph Lucas have a website or maybe they domne even exist nowadays -anyone know ?? Secondly is there any way I can find if a Lucas part number is appropriate for a particular car -its a starter motor . Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

I think you have to ask a Lucas agent these days - they're not even in the phone book anymore - or not that I could find.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Try looking for LSUK (Lucas service UK)

Radar

Reply to
radar

Thanks for that -very helpful-much more so than Lucas callling themselves LSUK

Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

SNIP

Whar car is it? I've got the catalogue downstairs.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

They don't Lucas are no longer involved in the car parts business

Reply to
awm

I thought Lucas Aftermarket Operations still existed?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Everything to do with cars in the UK at least is now sold off, LSUK has no longer any direct connection with the original Lucas company :-(

I also not the final disapearance of the Unipart brand from MG-Rover dealers displays. MG-Rover seem to have go the parts situation under control again after a couple of years disruption because of Uniparts withdrawal.

Reply to
awm

I make a few parts......

Sean

Its to find if a starter No LRS683 fits a 78-86 Carlton 2 litre . It cme off a later Carlton '86 onwards so it probably wont fit . thx Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

Tried to e-mail you the info but even with the "spamlessness" removed it doent work . :-)) Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

No. The earlier starter is listed as an LRS209.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

I'm afraid not. It looks like you need a LRS 209. It's not even close looking at the pics. Sorry.

Oh and you won't be able to email me from this NG This is a newsgroup only account. If you really want to email me try using recovery@ as the first part, and shservices.fsnet.co.uk as the second. I was just getting shitloads of spam and got pissed off.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Thx Steve. turned out it was actually the battery had failed . I sympathise with the spam -I get loads as well altho' if your e-mail addy is in the "system" it is unlikely that changing it will help stop the spam unless you dump the addy altogether ,like changing isp's . :-) Stuart

---------