OT Reply I got from....

I figure this will go well into the weekend and the chuckle's will multiply. He maintains he's not reading anything I post, so I'll be held blameless. On the other hand you bunch of bigoted, c-bashing, assaulting jackals will be subject to all his wrath and indignation.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Damn I hope not! Just think of the entertainment value.

Why would you possible think that logic enters his thought process? You gotta know by now that he, and only he, is RIGHT!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Man oh man, the only good part about this argument that some day I'll be dead and won't have to read this -- it's like a train wreck I can't turn away from. I can accept that it's part of Christian doctrine to spread the word of God, and that some people see endless arguing as "sport"...

hey, I want in, somebody call me a pole smoking liberal h*mo tree hugger or straightedge conservative born-again Christian....I'm gonna freaking die if I don't get attention...

Jon

Craig C. wrote:

Reply to
Jon

Really Max, you expect a Bible-thumping hypocrite to arm himself with facts before entering a debate? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Be careful what you say, Jon. You might offend the pole smoking liberal h*mo tree hugging straightedge conservative born-again Christian.

Reply to
Nosey

a.a.d.t. is a "one-stop-shopping" ng. Come on in, get information on lift pumps, stem cells and Jesus. If you're lucky, you escape without being called a bigot.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

So, tell me something, did you have someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read it?

If not, then why did you?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

well i don't want to speak for jon, but perhaps just for the entertainment value. perhaps????

Reply to
theguy

It is all about the chuckle factor.

Reply to
Roy

I know it hurts to say that. But over time you will get use to it. Look at the Rabbit.

Reply to
Roy

Oh yeah, go for the gold, I finally made it, and I didn't even have to hurl an insult. America is truly the greatest country! Oh wait, this is the internet.

(And to answer, well, orig> So, tell me something, did you have someone holding a gun to your head and

Reply to
Jon

It doesn't look like Budd drank his morning cup of "shut-the-f*ck-up".

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Why?

Because we love you!

M- O- U- S- E

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

You left out child killer.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Bite Me!! Just cause I refuse to jump on your lopsided wagon......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

One can only teach those willing to learn.

But don't worry, you have nothing to fear on the matter.

Btw, sarcasm is better done more subtly.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

How many cups in an imperial gallon?

:-) Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

I think the advantages of using embryonic cells has been oversold, to say the least. Most of the medical miracles the proponents mention is pure speculation. A few years ago, they used Christopher Reeves to imply that it could cure paralysis. Enough real doctors spoke out about that one, and you don't hear that yarn any more.

In Missouri, the measure is put forth as a state constitution amendment, and that is scary. There is lots of questionable wording in the law and it is much harder to undo mistakes when they are part of a constitution.

I believe the proposal is primarily (98%) about consuming taxpayer money. Advertisers often try to give the impression that academia and the medical arts industries are more ethical than other business, but real life doesn't support that theory.

Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

but remember, one can only teach if one actually possesses some knowledge. you pretty much miss out there.

Reply to
theguy

Well, its not "pure speculation" as you term it. Its a known fact that stem cells can be implanted and therefore "coded" to produce different types of tissue. The question isn't so much one of "can it be done", but one of "how can we use this knowledge."

As such, the experimentation isn't one of making a cell into something, but how to get that something into a usable form. In conducting experiments, stem cells are needed as part of the process. Once encoded, they cannot be reused. Thus stem cells become a necessary supply, much like the other elements of the experiment.

Given that the federal government has seen fit to fund many different types of research on a wide array of human illness, the lack of funding to stem cell research isn't based on monetary reasons, but ethical reasons. The fact still remains:

Abortion is not part of the stem cell research issue. Sadly, many politicians do not realize this, nor do their rabid constituants.

Reply to
Max Dodge