OT Reply I got from....

It takes one to know one. How would you characterize an individual who, by his own words, went from being an agnostic to being a Bible-spouting Christian at the insistence of his spouse?

Reply to
John Kunkel

No w-a-y. Budd? That's pretty spooky. My father was raised Baptist but became agnostic. My mother "got the truth" in 1965 and insisted that he join. He is now the equivalent of a Bishop ... and very, very fundamental (intolerent) in his thinking.

Psshh. Women.

:-) Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

I'm not happy either, but that's not important. The insult was directed at a group I include myself in, therefore, I was insulted.

And I'm sure someone will come along and start in on me about how I shouldn't be insulted, yada, yada, yada.

It's not for them to decide if I should be insulted or not.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Hello, John.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. My future wife merely set a condition for dating, that is, to attend church. She did not specify which church nor demand that I had to become a Christian before marriage.

As a fact, I was not a Christian when we took our vows, so you are in error. It was just about a year later I took Christ as my personal Savior.

See what happens when you choose to misunderstand what is written?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

John has it wrong, again.

Please read what really happened in my reply to his error.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Okay... as I suspected. Still no quoted text, though...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Yeah, John, get it straight. He couldn'r ax his first wife and be a Christian at the same time.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Yeah, he got whacked.... by a Democrat who also feels that abortion is a bad idea, but supports more funding to the National Institute of Health, and disagrees with Bush's latest budget line on that item. NIH is the entity that distributes funding for research... such as Stem Cell.

IOW, we now have a Senator who knows that stem cell research is valuable, BUT also has reservatios regarding abortion. Obviously, contrary to what has been said on this thread, opposition to abortion isn't condemnation of stem cell research.

We also dumped Don Sherwood. Wonder if he still plans on paying his mistress for keeping quiet till after the election?

Reply to
Max Dodge

And you aren't getting any. Look it up if it means that much to you.

I'm tired of these "games".

Reply to
Budd Cochran

yeah, that didn't work so well for him, did it?

Reply to
theguy

Yes it did and I'm freezing my ass off so cut it out!!!!

Reply to
TBone

Nobody is that lucky

Reply to
TBone

I hope that you are much younger than I think you are because you will be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Reply to
TBone

The fact that you went to church at the insistence of your lady when you would not have done so on your own makes my observation valid. It's called being pussy-whipped. Spin it anyway you care to but the fact that you came to your religious consciousness by way of sexual blackmail makes you the worst kind of hypocrite.

Reply to
John Kunkel

an interesting picture of the senator on this site for max:

theguy

Ah, yes, you are such a macho man. NOT!!!!

Never did anything that wasn't your own idea . . . .not even for your mother?

You think what you want, Kunkel, I don't care. I have a wonderful marriage of going on 30 years and I'm happy with it, so stick it wherever it makes you feel good.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I found the Salma Hayek photo set linked on that page to be more appealing.

Reply to
Nosey

To Miles,

I told you what the Bible said about your beliefs, you took it to be, in your mind, what I had said.

YOU MISINTERPRETED WHAT WAS IN BLACK AND WHITE ON YOUR MONITOR SCREEN AFTER YOU HAD BEEN TOLD IT WAS FROM THE BIBLE, AND THEN ACCUSED ME OF PROSELYTIZING. In that respect, you are doing exactly what Roy, T-bone, theguy, et al, are doing for they would rather shoot the messenger than hear the message.

And if telling you what the Bible said was insulting to you then I am sorry you choose to be insulted by God's Word, but I am not sorry for telling you what the Bible says. The Bible says that I have done nothing wrong and I have done the Will of God.

If you find that is offensive then God is offensive to you.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Santorum is a weird sort......

Reply to
Max Dodge

No bible bookie no nookie nookie.

So what have we learned from this? He thinks with his penis and the brain in his penis is bigger than the one in his head.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep