OT Reply I got from....

What a complete hypocrite!! You have made every attempt to tell me my beliefs are wrong. You have even gone so far as to tell me flat out that you need to 'correct' me. Unbelievable Budd!! You need to start living by your own words and get off your soapbox.

I'm one of the few here that DID have respect for you and your beliefs. But this continued BS from you has lost all respect. Good grief.

Reply to
miles

Miles, stop and think for a minute. Sad, but his whole thing has become more and more unreasonable as time goes on.. It may be a change of meds or some other problem but getting upset or into a argument is pointless.

We all did. But after a bit it tends to get old.

Reply to
Roy

very good advice. watching him go down the path that he has is not something that i can not revel in any longer. something has gone very wrong with his mind and to reply is not fun anymore, its almost like being a bully. he is not well. i think that to just ignore him when he goes off is best, at least for me.

Reply to
theguy

(sorry, had to take out one of the "not"s for it to make any sense, if even then :))

Reply to
theguy

Respectfully, Chris, perhaps the reason your post was ignored was

*because* you used scripture to make the point. We have Fuhrer Cochran cramming scripture down our throat ... using all of the classic horseshit that organized religion uses: guilt and fear.

Fighting fire with fire is rarely the solution, especially when it comes to religion. Even among like-minded individuals.

I think everyone agrees that they are simply making observations as well.

I had a solution: only talk about trucks in a.a.d.t. But that was laughed at. Maybe if I put it in scripture format?

Craig 1:1 - And finally on the tenth day of the fort-night of the 40th hour past the autumn passover, ye shall grant me 50 beautiful, female virgins, weighing not more than 130 lbs. and not less than 110 lbs.

Craig 1:2 - Do not mock me, a.a.d.t. shall be for truck talk. So I say, so it shall be done.

Don't make me go "fundamental" on ya.

:-) Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Re " lack of funding to stem cell research". You have used the common tactic of combining two subjects. There is considerable funding for adult stem cell research.

I didn't mention abortion at all. Changing the subject entirely is another common tactic.

So, do you work for MSNBC?

Reply to
bill allemann

I call it as I see it. And you're blind as a bat.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Hey - snoman just gave someone here some reasonable advice so anything is posible. Maybe the old Budd will come back!

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Considerable funding that is opposed at every turn. Funding that has yet to match that given to cancer or other types of research.

Abortion is a common excuse for the conservative zealots to oppose stem cell funding. Thus my mention of it was a reason for the lack of funding, not in response to your ill-informed POV.

No, do you work for Fox?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Who ever called you dispicable?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

yes but we both know who i aimed it at. although i honestly believe its good advice for everyone, i was just laying a reminder out for those who claim familarity with the book.

agreed. that method is best left to actual fire fighting.

lol you going fundamental means what? your gonna rebuild a 225? or your going to go back to driving a mechanical 12 valve???? *big grin*

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Don't fret yourself over it, Tom. I wouldn't want anyone to think they are less than perfect in their "beliefs".

"Tolerance" is a one way street in this group and I won't go down that street.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I hope the old Budd comes back! I disagreed with his religious views but I always respected them and enjoyed great conversation on other topics. Can't seem to do that any more.

Reply to
miles

True it is one way here. You have no respect for others that believe differently than yourself. You didn't used to be this way. Hope the old Budd makes it back soon!

Reply to
miles

Don't seem like many agreed with him. Looks like he lost by a large margin.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Here in AZ Michael J. Fox has been in town campaigning for two Dems that support stem cell research. So far it appears one will win, the other will lose. I'm a Rep that supports stem cell. The Rep candidates aren't against all stem cell research. Only federally funded embryonic.

Reply to
miles

Simple question, Budd... who told you that you were dispicable? Quote the text...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Simple answer, Tom.

Max implied that anyone that opposed stem cell research for any reason was being despicable and selfish and in the same breath commented how he, himself, had selfish reasons for wanting stem cell research to succeed.. Ergo, according to Max, since I despise research requiring Human embryonic / fetal / zygote cells, I am despicable.

He is merely a hypocrite.

Are you happy now?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I suppose one could say that Max also implied an elephant could fit through a mouse hole, if one read deeply enough into his posts. For me, I don't see it. Perhaps if you quoted the text of his post where he called you despicable, or the text that led you to believe he was implying that you were despicable, it might clear things up.

No, Budd... I'm not happy about any of this.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Fair enough.

No, that's medieval, not fundamantel.