OT Sold It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Miles, your just so....perfect in all you say and do.

Reply to
Roy

Sorry to burst your bubble Max, but you are incorrect. You have heard of the current recession, right?? As for the unemployment numbers, they are completely bogus at this point in time as they are based on assumptions that have not been valid for years.

Reply to
TBone

too warm. I prefer the low temps of the Chesapeake, at least until mid July. Then it goes up.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Tbone, the numbers I used compared two "bogus" sets, according to you. As such, BOTH sets are subject to the same inaccuracies. Therefore, the nearly

10% unemployment of 1982 an 1983 STILL are double what they are now.

The inflation rates are not subject to your claimed inaccuracies, and we still haven't hit the nearly 15% of the early 1980's.

The "current recession" is subject to much debate. Recession implies that the economy is shrinking. Currently the economy is NOT shrinking, it simply isn't growing at the rate which it has the past several years. If you have studied history or economics, you know that economic growth cannot continue unabated or rampant inflation follows. Usually something intervenes, such as a "readjustment". Such is exactly the case this time.

Believe what you'd like, but the facts speak for themselves. The economy showed about 1% growth in the first quarter, unemployment is hovering around

5%, and inflation is around 6%. None of these are anywhere near as bad as the early 80's.
Reply to
Max Dodge

The water temp at the beaches here (Sea of Cortez) are in the low 70's now.. in August, they hit the low and mid 90's.. No fun at all, unless there's a breeze..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

That is true. Arizona is leading the country in fighting illegal immigrants...sort of. Sheriff Arapio is enforcing the law and prosecuting illegals. However, Phoenix's Mayor has told the cities police not to. Our Gov. has generally supported illegals but did sign a law punishing businesses that hire them. Other branches have failed to enforce that law. So ya, AZ is way ahead of most states but its a political battle here yet.

The latest battle is with hospitals having to foot the bill treating illegals. The Gov. are not reimbursing them as they are supposed to. There are now bills in progress that restrict when care must be given and when they can turn illegals away.

Whats known as parking lot citizens are a big issue...pregnant illegals sitting in hospital parking lots. When they go into labor they run into the emergency room for free care and the baby becomes a citizen and thus the parents are often allowed to stay and collect social services on the babies behalf.

Reply to
Miles

Nah, just don't buy the media and politicians BS about the economy.

Reply to
Miles

Where do you come up with these bullshit numbers? Maybe a long. long, long time ago that may have been a valid number, it was far from it during the housing bubble. If we are only talking about 5%, why are the banks in such bad shape?

Where do you come up with this complete horseshit??? If you really think that it works that way or is that simple, then you know far less than even I accuse you of. If you stop making payments, they will simply begin hitting your credit rating for late and missing payments and begin assessing fines against you for late and missed payments. If you continue not to pay and don't pay the fines, then they will take you to court and sue the money out of you. Now a person could get out of much of that by declaring bankruptcy but that would be hard to do for a person who as you claim, were perfectly capable of making the payments. Not to mention that the credit hit along with the caution the banks are now taking against risk would prevent them from buying anything for the next 20 years, especially since it would be on record that they defaulted on a loan that they could afford.

LOL, and who exactly are the idiots that decided to go with subprimes? Do you even know what that means? Many of these people were conned into getting slimy loans that they didn't understand that quickly turned into loans that they couldn't afford. The real cause of the bubble were speculators that were buying homes site unseen to hold for a short time and sell at a high profit that drove the prices up to unrealistic levels. As for the lenders taking the fall without help, while I agree with you in principle, if that were done, this country would have gone into a full depression rather than a recession and you my friend, would probably be out of business.

Reply to
TBone

I wish that we all lived in the fantasy land that you do.

Reply to
TBone

Actually, no it isn't.

LOL, I guess that depends on your definition of terrible.

I agree that fuel prices are making things much worse.

First you say that the housing market is not to blame and then you tie the blame to the housing market. Please make up your mind.

Just because the economy hasn't crashed doesn't make it good for everyone or even most people. As for the stock market, in todays "global economy" the stock market is more based on the world economy, not the US economy.

And don't believe everything you see on Fox news either.

Reply to
TBone

lol, you have no clue! The same thing happened in the 1980's when people took out high interest mortages (Thanks Carter!). When the rates dropped under Reagan they bailed, took a hit on their credit and bought a new house. I did it and so did many others. Your BS above is from someone who has no clue.

Take you to court? lol. Guess this whole foreclosure thing really is bogus since these homeowners are simply being sued instead.

Many of these people took a subprime not because of bad credit or low income. They took it because it allowed them to buy a far larger home than they could otherwise. Now they are facing reality from their own stupid decision. Yes, I blame the lenders too for conning them into buying more than they could afford.

Reply to
Miles

The fantasy land is the one you live in. The one created by the media and politicians for the weak uneducated. If you're looking for work my company is hiring and having difficulty. Not enough skilled workers looking for work now. But then, that would leave you out as well! (G).

Reply to
Miles

Nor CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC etc. None are the truth. They're what they want you to believe. The weak minded buy it.

Reply to
Miles

That 5% is a bullshit number. It is based on the amount of people looking for employment that are on unemployment insurance. The problem is that the assumptions that create the figure of the number of people looking for work are no longer valid. The unemployment number also makes the assumption tha when a person loses a position and finds another one that they will be at a similar position at least on the pay scale level and even that assumption is complete crap in todays world.

You are making the assumption that this number is even close to accurate and it isn't.

Reply to
TBone

LOL, I think that the real problem that you are having is the salary that you are willing to pay for the work that you want done. That and the fact that your company is in the friggen desert and not everyone wants to live there.

Reply to
TBone

Just because the number is doubled doesn't mean that the number of people were doubled and there is no way to know how accurate this number even is. Times are very different now and the assumptions used to create this number are far more invalid now then they were 20 + years ago. They are based on people in the work force employed long enough to collect unemployment insurance and if a person doesn't find a job by the time it runs out, they are determined to be no longer looking for work and are no longer included in that number. I wonder how many people were removed from the counted work force during the crash at the beginning of Bush's first term that were never added back.

The difference is then it was inflation and now it is stagflation which is far worse.

Bullshit. The economy was hardly raging at any time during the Bush term and much of that was due to the housing bubble and the recovery of the crash in 2001.

You are comparing apples to cars. The growth in the economy can be and usually is fudged to make it look better than it really is unless it really is good and even then.... Until another census is taken, nobody has any idea how accurate those unemployment numbers really are and that number also doesn't take into account the number of people who lost a job and were forced to take another one at half of their previous pay. Inflation isn't as big of an issue as stagflation which we are currently dealing with. The biggest indicator of the weakness in the economy is the commodities markets. Even with reports of excesses like in oil, the price not only doesn't go down as they should, they set new records which shows that the people in the know see how bad things really are and keep putting their money where they feel it is safest, regardless of reports.

Reply to
TBone

Wrong TBone. Once again you've fallen for myths you've been told devoid of facts. By far the number is derived mostly from labor force sample surveys because they are far more accurate than unemployment insurance figures or employment office stats. Unemployment claims rank pretty low in figuring unemployment. Why? Because in order to compute unemployment you also have to figure the total work force. Unemployment claims do not do that. Look it up before repeating a very well worn out myth.

Reply to
Miles

You know that how? Besides, salaries aren't mentioned until someone applies and is interviewed etc. Benefit packages are negotiable.

Hate to tell ya but Phoenix has been one of the fastest growing areas in the country.

Reply to
Miles

You really believe unemployment rates are computed mostly from unemployment insurance tallies??? Sigh....it has little to do with it.

Reply to
Miles

Sorry Miles, but the one spouting myths and bullshit here is you. I looked this up on the gov sites. Why don't you give it a try sometime. They make an initial assessment of the total work force and the number of unemployed from the national census and then the workforce number is maintained based on birth rate, age of the work force, people that will actively look for employment, retirement age, and many of these are based on assumptions that are no longer valid. As for the unemployment figure, that is primarily figured on the number of people applying for unemployment insurance with the now invalid assumption that most of them will find another job before or shortly after their insurance runs out and those that don't simply are no longer looking for work and are removed from the work force number. Another assumption is that most will be able to find a job and keep it long enough to be eligible for unemployment insurance and that is also far less valid than it used to be. You talk about labor force surveys which are complete crap. Who exactly do they go to and when?

Reply to
TBone