OT Sold It!!!!!!!!!!!!

TBone, you fail to realize that pay is and should be based on abilities and not based on need. Now, if you disagree with that then there are countries that believe in pay based on need. Are they the better place to be? They have happier workers?

Basing ones salaries on needs rather than abilities is handouts.

How so? Our wages are considerbly higher than the average along with above average benifits packages. We pay for high skills and pay well to keep such. If we didn't, they would go to our competitors. However, contrary to your belief, our competitors are having a hard time finding skilled workers as well.

A college degree isn't required nor a masters or BA. Experience is. These jobs are not entry level.

< That still doesn't

Neither is the midwest, east, southeast etc. Everyone has different tastes. However, the fact still remains that the southwest continues to be the fastest growing. Phoenix housing grew last month, not declined like most of the country has.

Florida has incredible humidity, hurricanes and flat as a pancake. Sure it appeals to many. It's a very crowded over populated state. Since you referred to an entire state (Florida) and not a particular city then you must be aware that Arizona is far from all hot desert. Much is thickly wooded and quite snowy and cold. I'll take the wide open spaces of Arizona and the southwest any day over the crowded, polluted east coast cities.

There were a few years where water levels in lakes were rather low. We had several years of little rain and snowfall in the state. Levels are back to normal now. During the low times there were no restrictions in place. Contrary to your beliefs, there are far worse states with regards to water. California, several of the southeast states etc. for instance.

Thats not what I said but I know how you love to twist things! To correct you, I stated the median income here was 45k and most at my company are well above that.

You trying to say that entry level jobs should earn more than 45K they need and want more?

Do you understand the difference between median and average? Um, it would appear you do not!

If the

Phoenix is not among the more expensive cities to live in.

Reply to
Miles

Lets hear it for bias, since that is the only way Tbone will have of making these numbers go away....

AP says that the number of houses in foreclosure in April was 1 in 519.

AP also reports that inflation dropped in the first quarter.

And if y'all would like, I'll see if my source at the PA Dept of Labor and Industry will forward me a report.

Reply to
Max Dodge

He's also telling me Phoenix is a place few want to live. Yet, April saw considerable growth in the housing industry despite the so called massive number of foreclosures. Drive by media is the liberals best friend!

Reply to
miles

LOL, where exactly did I say that Phoenix is a place where few want to live? I said that it does take a more specific desire to want to live there then many other places and that is true. As for the housing market, we have hoses that have been sitting on the market for years and yet they are back to building more so I guess you could say that the housing indistry is growing here as well. Funny how the house next door to me went into foreclosure.

Reply to
TBone

And you think that this is a good number? I would also like to know what the exact definition of this number is. Are the houses that have already been foreclosed in this nunber or just the ones in the process of foreclosure? What about the houses that have already changed owners due to foreclosures?

Dropped to what?

A report on what? With the attitude of the people up there in PA during the Democratic primary, I would say that things are not as rosey as your report would make it look. Unfortunantly, many of these reports are based on surveys that are easy to fudge the results of.

Reply to
TBone

That is why there is a/c.

Not bad last year.

So you get super mpg.

It is crowded in places. Orlando sucks, You couldn't pay me to live there. Same for southern Fl. But I'm on the coast, in central Fl., in a city with a population of about 7,000.

Oh you left out the fire danger. They caught one guy setting the forest fires south of us.

A person has to be somewhere.

Reply to
Roy

Less than one fifth of 1% are in foreclosure. Its a very good number. The exact definition of this number is... one in fivehundred nineteen houses is in foreclosure proceedings. Given that the process takes at least three months, it probably covers all of the first quarter as well.

Face it, no matter what you want to do to explain this away, you'll have to come up with at least four more houses per 500 to hit 1%, which is still well under the number you claimed was too low, 5%.

Dunno, don't care, it dropped. This proves your claim about stagflation is wrong.

What a whiner you are. Anything to claim that numbers gathered by people with far more expertise than you are wrong. For the record, my source wouldn't fudge the numbers.

Reply to
Max Dodge

So tell me why Phoenix has had one of the highest growth rates in the country? Per the census.gov site, Phoenix grew 20.2% from 2000 to 2006. Average for the nation was 6.4%. Your statement is bogus and clueless!

Reply to
Miles

Same as here in AZ but we don't have the 80%+ humidity to go with the heat. I also prefer not to stay indoors so much. Plus the heat in Florida is almost state wide. In Phoenix I can go from 110F to 70F in an hour or two drive. I'll take the Phoenix heat any day over Florida or other high humidity areas.

lol, thats true but I gotta have variety! I love the mountains. Beach is 3 hours away. A bit far but not bad.

Can your drive 3 hours in FL and see nothing more than a few ranches and maybe a gas station but no towns, cities the entire way? Just wide open country?

Ya, Northern AZ had a 500,000 acre forest fire a few years back that was arson.

Reply to
Miles

Being so close to the coast there is almost always a nice breeze, so the heat isn't so bad. Then again, I'm not working in it.

Kinda, if you head west towards the panhandle.

Reply to
Roy

Once again Miles, you resort to fuzzy math and are the one who is both bogus and clueless but you do make me laugh. You are comparing a specific area to a national average, LOL!

Reply to
TBone

LOL, get real. Do you really think that all of the foreclosures started in the first quarter? I hate to burst your bubble, but an uncontested foreclosure can happen much faster than that. Now the bank or whatever financial may still be going after the homeowner for fines or other compensation and that could take months or even years, but the foreclosure itself could be completed within a month.

You can close your eyes as tight as you want to Max, it still has no effect on reality.

Since you cannot back up your claim, it proves nothing at all.

For the record, how do I know you even have a source. For all I know, your source could be Fox news. Any way that you want to spin it Max, people will do whatever they can to make themselves look good and figures are fudged all of the time.

Reply to
TBone

Ok, so if the percentage in April was 0.2%, and we allow for an average of twice that, say 0.5%, each month from August of last year, we get 5% total through May, or nine months total. You say 5% is far less than it really is. So far, AP says you are wrong. Its time for you to present real numbers, instead of refusing to look at the reported numbers.

The reality is, AP News reported the numbers, you have reported nothing. I'll take AP's report.

Dropped to what?

All you need do is look at the news reports available on Yahoo. On the other hand, you who refuses all offered numbers, have also refused to offer any of your own.

Not all the time, just when you look at them.

Reply to
Max Dodge

According to

Inflation is down from 3.98% in March to 3.94% in April. January was at

4.28% and February was at 4.03%. This proves that Tbones claim of stagflation is false, and his claim that inflation is rising is also false.

According to

Unemployment is down a tenth of a percent, despite the first quarter's loss of 250,000 jobs. Even at that number of jobs lost, the first quarter of 2008 saw only a tenth of a percent rise in unemployment over the fourth quarter of 2007.

According to

Home forclosures in the worst metropolitan area were 5% in Detroit in 2007. This was 4.8 times the national average. This means the national average is just over 1%. Thus 99% of homeowners

According to

Home foreclosures in March reached 900,000, or 2.04% of all mortgages. Another 0.83% saw the process inititated. As such, less than 3% of mortgaged properties are in foreclosure.

According to Tbone, none of the above is true, and all the sources are biased.

Your turn Tbone. Post the "real" numbers.

Reply to
Max Dodge

20% growth means few like it here huh? Good grief! Talk about fuzzy math! The area has sustained a very high growth rate for decades and yet you continue to argue about what you are clueless on. Well, you do that a lot!
Reply to
Miles

lol, you ask for a source? You still refuse to tell me what Gov. sites you claimed to find that show unemployment stats are computed mostly from unemployment insurance claims.

Reply to
Miles

Reply to
Roy

If all this comes to pass as hoped, the big remaining factor will be getting the dollar back in line with the euro and gaining value. Hopefully the money made available in the fourth quarter of last year will start to be returned to the Fed, and there will be a shift away from oil speculation.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Interesting but the Democrats will continue to tell us how bad everything is with their doom and gloom stories.

Reply to
Miles

It already has improved slightly last time I checked. One of the biggest problems is the rising cost of oil which is always bought in US$'s.

Reply to
Miles