OT-Tolerance

Ok, since this seems to the real issue, let's look at it. . . .

I hold the view and belief in the literal interpretation of the Bible and it is the inerrant and inspired Word of God and this is the right view to have.

All other views are wrong.

Will you tolerate my view?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

i will. if you will tolerate mine. i pretty much believe the oppsosite of you. i believe that God also believes the opposite of what you just wrote.

on the other hand, i am willing to say that it is a private discussion between God and me. are you? in other words, can you just keep your opinions regarding God to yourself? can you stop being a soldier of the far right christian fundamentalists, at least on this ng? or, iow, can you just go see a doctor and get some meds to settle you down?

Reply to
theguy

Are you willing to tolerate any one elses?

EPHESIANS 4:1-6

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Budd, at this even I would have to say that you have crossed a line.

How you feel, how you think, how you wish to worship, how you wish to live and base your life on your views of the written word is all fine for you, the misses, and whom ever else wishes to live that way. These are ONLY right for those that share the same beliefs as you, and incase it hasn't been made clear yet, not everyone does.

BUT, for you to say that view other then yours is wrong and is going too far.

This is not merely a matter or issue of tolerance. I think that EVERYONE has been tolerant until it has been rammed down their throats, and I am sorry to say that with this post specifically this line, "All other views are wrong." that is exactly what you have done.

This right here is the EXACT reason I have denounced my Roman Catholic up bringing. I am a man, with a mind and with the ability to think, act, and judge for myself.

So, I have to ask why are you hell bent on "converting" everyone to your way of life?

I am sorry my friend, but this is how I feel.

Reply to
azwiley1

No, you simple f*ck, the issue is you trying to ram your beliefs down everybody's throat. If they disagree with you, they are a bigot, engage in bashing or whatever else comes to your warped mind. Why don't you stop trolling at every turn and get some help.

Better yet why don't you let your family read your post's over the past month. Maybe they will force you to get some help.

Reply to
Roy

As my daddy used to say. "Never discuss politics or religion in public. You will only end up in a fight." Not that there is anything wrong with a fight:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I will tolerate your right to believe how you want. When you start insulting others and tell them they are wrong, going to hell and have total lack of respect and tolerance for others then no, you have not earned any respect or tolerance.

Reply to
miles

Yes -- up to the point where it adversely affects other(s).

Reply to
Bryan

Reply to
DonStaples

Sure, but its obvious you won't tolerate any other view....

"All other views are wrong."

Your intolerance is shown in your request for tolerance. Nuff said.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Sure, but its obvious you won't tolerate any other view....

"All other views are wrong."

Your intolerance is shown in your request for tolerance. Nuff said.

Reply to
Max Dodge

If you actually read the Bible cover to cover, then I think you might change your mind.

Reply to
Xclimation

Only if you SHUT THE FUCK UP.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Thinking about this for about 5 seconds. I think we are due for the old "I am leaving, 'cause everybody picks on me" routine. I may be wrong, but we have been here before.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

So you set conditions? Not the tolerance you demand of me, is it?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I will not tolerate being told the Bible is wrong and that I am wrong for believing it.

As for your verse, how have you followed it lately?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

And as sure dieing and paying taxes he always finds his way back here.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

And yet I'm told to tolerate that which the Bible says to not tolerate.

No, not to me.

Rammed??? I give up. no one here has the guts to take the responsibility for what they have done to me over my beliefs.

And Christianity doesn't stop that, some denominations, like the Catholic Church, do. Chritianity sets rules to live by and I have decided to follow those rules, for that I'm catching heck.

I'm not, but like I've said, because of the general prejudice against Fundametal Christians, no one will admit I'm not doing anything but quoting Scripture. Fine, so be it.

No apology needed, Larry. You're being honest and that is good. I'm being honest with the group and my God and many think that's not good. Regardless of that, I will always consider you a friend.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yep, as soon as the other groups he subscribes to get tired of listening to his crap and the weather is not good enough for him to go out fishing, he comes back.

Reply to
TBone

Well, Roy, looks like you choose to not tolerate my beliefs.

No surprise.

Reply to
Budd Cochran