Parts are IN!

One of the fun bits about owning a strictly American vehicle overseas is the availability of parts.

Been waiting two weeks to get tie bar ends. Finally arrived, along with one of the two recall kits they ordered (odd that Australian Daimler-Chrysler can do Dakota recalls but the UK version cannot - or will not). Still waiting for my rear diff pinion seal, but that's not keeping MVR from allowing me to register my truck. Appointment's Wednesday.

Frankly, I'm surprised they failed so early, the truck's only a 2001 Dakota.

So, to it. In the US, how much would I expect to pay for replacement of two outer tie bar ends? And to have the rear differential pinion (I always want to add a tilde to that first n) seal? I know it'll be more expensive here, but I don't know how much more. Knowing the delta will help me plan if any other bits fail.

Bit disappointed, my 5 year old truck, while reliable, has needed more servicing than my husband's venerable 15 year old Toyota ever did. Not that I have any intention of getting rid of it, I love my Dak, even if it is a bit gimpy just now :)

jmc

Reply to
jmc