Ping: DENNY... abs sensor

Got it changed at last!

First they gave me the wrong one, the transmission one... then they didn't have the right one... got a refund after 2 days..

Checked every place around, most places listed the rear sensor but couldn't get it... "no longer in stock".. "unavailable", etc..

Broke down and had a friend in a tire store buy it from the dealer for $40... the only gave him 20% off...

He was going to put it on the rack and change it but got busy, so I decided to do it myself.... got the printouts of your emails and jacked the back end up, etc...

What a bitch! I couldn't get the thing very high with my lil floor jack and stands, but enough to get under the truck and play with it... couldn't get the nut to break loose and the whole brake cable assembly or whatever kept trying to turn... sucker was really rusted on..

I knew from looking at the new part that the nut had to be on a bolt running through the sheet metal knuckle buster around the thing, but couldn't get a line of sight and couldn't even FIND the sucker by touch..

Gave up after about an hour and put the tools away... I'm too old and fat for this shit... I knew that if I kept messing with it I'd break or bend something and be buying more parts..

Got the one gas station in the area that actually has a mechanic there to put it on the rack... he looked at it and asked how the hell i even got TO the bolt without a lift/rack...

It took him 15 min., a lot of penetrating oil and 2 skinned knuckles to break the sucker loose.... about 30 seconds to put the new part on... He didn't want to charge me, so I gave him $20 and told him to have a good lunch..

My gut feeling is that cryco hired a consulting team to determine the worst possible place and direction to mount the sensor in... the gas station guy agreed.. lol

Thanks again, wabbit... I appreciate the help, part number, etc... Mac

mac davis

My God!!! It's been how long since we talked about that???? Months??? Maybe even a year?? I forgot all about it.. But..... glad it worked.. My bill is in the mail..

Now if only a few other select group members would admit this.......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Gotta be there to admit it. I'm fighting it. I'm wining by a couple pounds at a time. There is about 15# less of me than when Mac saw me last year, but still, a year older...

And you?

FMB

Reply to
FMB

Last Christmas I was about 225, this am I tipped the scales at 196 but next month I turn the big 5-0. Getting old sucks...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

What really sucks is some of you old fat guys are younger and smaller than me. At least I don't wear a pink bunny suit though.

FMB

Reply to
FMB

Hey wide ride! Next time ya weigh yourself, put BOTH feet on the scale!!

The big 50 is the new belt size??

I had to, ya know the rules.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

That's good to hear.

and smaller than

So you say.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

yep.. been about 5 months....

it took 2 months for the back ordered part to get shipped to me and it was the wrong sensor..... then the procrastination factor, since the brake and ABS light were on but everything (speedo/cruise/etc) worked fine...

Mac

mac davis

Wow, I didn't realize that it's been a year, but you're right!

You wouldn't recognize Nan now.. she's about 95 pounds lighter.. Started weight watchers in April of 05..

She lost a lot, I found a little... it all balances out.. *g* Mac

mac davis

Yeah... and gravity is NOT our friend....

Mac

mac davis

Ok ... what color IS your bunny suit?? Mac

mac davis

hmm... I have this visual of a pink bunny weighing himself with all feet on the scale but his cotton tail propped against the wall for leverage... more coffee, quick!! Mac

mac davis

You better watch out, she is gonna disappear on ya. I could stand to loose another 40# or so, see how that feels and decide from there. I'm 242 now and that is in my birthday suit. That is the only suit I wear, no bunny suits. I'll leave that for visually challanged.

FMB (VBG)

Reply to
FMB

Yeh, I know........ I kinda left the door open for that.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Wait till you fall to sleep tonight and the dreams start.........

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I'm almost afraid of losing weight now... Nan had to have her gall bladder out on June 30th and her recovery has been tough..

The hospital said that the major cause of gall stones is weight loss and it seems that most of the folks that we've talked to that lost a lot of weight had to have theirs taken out..

Good reason not to diet.. *g* Mac

mac davis

Pass the taters and gravy please,

FMB