question about my 2003 dakota r/t

i have a 2003 dakota r/t 5.9l and i just added an exhaust and intake and now when i get on the gas my tires just spin - any suggestions on how to get them not to spin anymore - anything with the shocks? thanks.

Reply to
xzerox369

How about not hitting the gas so hard when you accelerate? Not being a smart-ass, but that would be the first and most logical step. You are after all driving a "race truck" shit load of power, zero ass end weight.

Reply to
azwiley1

Put 4 or 5 bags of cement in the back end. Park it outside in the rain.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

I know I shouldn't but the timeing was too good to ignore.

The problem is is the intake and I'm sure the filter. That filter is making soo much HP those tires can't handle it.

Seriously, by intake what do you mean? Just go light on the gas.

Reply to
Roy

Must have been a cold air intake :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

k&n cold air intake

Reply to
xzerox369

Spend $30 on this book:

Nosey

And do what after it's bought? You think this book will provide enough weight when it's in the bed of the truck?

Reply to
azwiley1

My copy only weighs about 25 oz. He'd need 64 books just to make up 100 lbs. At over $19 per pound it wouldn't be a cost effective ballast material, especially if you are basing the ballast requirement on wild guesses. He'd be better off buying only one copy and reading it. Vehicle weight, CG, transfer, balance, and weight distribution is covered in detail as well as many other things. Even if he doesn't do anything about the wheelspin problem it will help him understand why his problem exists. It might simply be a weight balance problem. Or maybe it's a tire problem. Maybe it's a frame issue. Maybe it's shocks. Maybe it's a broken sway-bar link. Maybe it's a bad spring. Who knows what else might be wrong? I can't tell him because I didn't inspect the vehicle. Did you?

Page 29 preview of Door Slammers:

Nosey

Yup I sure did, I have ESPN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
azwiley1

Is that sort of like putting your foot on the floor to stop the room from spinning?

Reply to
azwiley1

Oh NO! Here we go again.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Stop eating chocolate before bed and you won't have such wierd dreams.

Reply to
.boB

That's much easier than trying to spin fast enough to keep up with the room.

Reply to
Nosey

you could try that suggestion or get someone with a front end loader to dump a few cubic yards of gravel in the back.

seriously dont use the trottle like an on-off button, didnt work for me with my old v10 (and i've got the tires to prove it)

Reply to
Chris Thompson

I still have not figured out how in the hell to stop the room from spinning after I manage to stop the bed!

Reply to
azwiley1

Hey now, at least the OP did not install the K&N hp power increasing speed sticker. He'd be in a world of shit if he had, his tires would spin in park!

Reply to
azwiley1

I friggin' new it!!

Drop your tire pressure a bit or at least check it. Open dif or L/S?

Reply to
Roy

You're not supposed to stop it. Just throw your hands over your head and yell, "Wheeee!".

Reply to
.boB

"Roy" wrote in news:46ce27a9$0$6432$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

R/Ts all have L/S diffs. 3.92 rear as well. The OP is a friggin' troll...

Reply to
Joe