Re: Dakota Door Fit

Does anyone here know if a RH manual door from a 98 Dakota regular cab

> will bolt up to an Ext. cab (1998 also) and the electronics mount into it > from the electric door? I have an electric door that's been hit and found > a manual door that's real nice. I just don't know if it will work and > don't want to buy it then find out. > > Thanks > abby.normal @ tx . rr .com

IIRC, the standard cab has a rounded bottom rear corner and the extended cab has a squared off bottom rear corner. The power stuff will swap in but I don't think you'll like the fit...

Reply to
BigIronRam

Good answer. Now I am limited to the Ext. cab doors only. You mentioned the power stuff swapping in/out. I take that to mean I can use either power or non-power but must stick with the Ext. cab doors only.

Thanks for that info. Now I just need to locate one, which has been a monumental task to date. I am going to plan a day on the phone with bone yards when my minutes refresh. An internet presence would help but they are just not up to that yet.

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Yes, you've interpreted my poorly worded response correctly.

You can give this site a shot:

Someone may chime in with some better ones.

Reply to
BigIronRam

Save yourself the time on the phone and go to

azwiley1

Thanks, I didn't have this site. I did have and used

but to no avail. I will find one eventually - if I live long enough. So far it's been 3 weeks and I've located 2. However, locating any details on either one has been futile. I ask, they say yes, and that's it. No pictures, no price, no condition, no nothing further.

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Here's another one, local to me. I've used them before but it's been years and years. If I can remember the other local Chrysler parts specialty yard I'll post it as well.

BigIronRam

Yeah, I hit on them the other night. That site produced results that were lined in gold.

I thank you for all your help and if you think of other parts sites I will save them.

Reply to
Abby.Normal