Speed Sensor

I have replaced both the rear differential speed sensor and the magnetized on the tailshft of the transmission and am still having problems with the speedometer and odometer not working at all. Has hesitation and backfire when running under pressure (at higher rates of speed). Any suggestions would be welcome!!!!

Reply to
RPorter

Well... we know you're driving a '98+ Ram, or '97+ Dakota... but not much else. Since most of us try and only use our powers of mental telepathy only in cases of national emergency, it would save us all a lot of paperwork and nosebleeds if you would describe your vehicle.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Sorry about that, just a little tired - I have a '98 Dodge 4x4 1500 - 5.2 liter truck (standard cab) - Thanks for the tip!!!!!!

Reply to
RPorter

you forgot the part about the need for an alcohol induced trance, Tom..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

What color is it?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

What works well to get soda off of an LCD screen? :)

Thanks, Greg... I needed that laugh today

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Thanks so much for all the great advise - now that you've allhad a laugh - do you have any suggestions or should I goelsewhere??? I've read some of the replies you all have posted for other problems and was pretty confident when your names came up that you would be helpful - guess I was wrong. Oh, and by the way, the truck is midnight purple!! Ha! Ha!

Reply to
RPorter

Wel there's your problem. Paint it red and it will run fine.

beekeep

BTW have you checked for trouble codes?

Reply to
beekeep

Yes - I have checked trouble codes - they are indicating that the problem is being caused by a "speed sensor malfuntion"

Reply to
RPorter

Then your best bet would be to check the wiring from the sensors to the computer.

Reply to
TBone

Thanks - I'll try that next!!

Reply to