stake holes on bed rail

Got an older 12 valve 2500 with the stake holes on the top of the bed rail. I want to mount a fiberglass top on the bed so thought it would be a good idea to seal up those holes. What's the best way to do that??

Reply to
Tom_Freeman

I have seen some inserts you can put in them with folding rings for rope tie downs. They have rubber seals on the bottom.

Reply to
GeekBoy

I wouldn't worry about it. Just put the cap over the stake pockets and fuggetaboutit. What harm are you envisioning?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Like Mike said, don't worry about the holes.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Mine leaked water around the holes. The cap was just barely too narrow to completely cover the rear stake pockets. I put some clear packaging tape over the holes. No more leaks.

Reply to
Nosey

Any idea who carries these?

Reply to
Tom Matigan

I have seen them at auto parts places like Autozone. I may have even seen them at Wally world

Reply to
Trent

That rubber seal is moreso to protect the paint rather than for water proofing.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works