T-Bonehead, the math whiz

It's called a one way bearing Tom. They spin free in one direction but lock solid when turned the other way IOW, act like a one way clutch. We use them all of the time in nitro powered RC cars and trucks for the on-board electric start and roto-starters and in multi-speed and reversing transmissions. I remember reading somewhere where they said the stator was mounted to its shaft with a one way bearing and then later called it a clutch which is in a way, an accurate description of what they do so that is what I called it. I guess that I could have been more clear and just said one way clutch but as you said to me a few times, a minutes worth of research...

TBone

So NOW we see where all this "hands-on" transmission experience comes from... :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

You don't have to have "hands on" experience with something to understand how it works AND I have said many times that I am NOT an automotive transmission expert but that is exactly what makes this so funny.

Reply to
TBone

Great. Good to know you have all this expertise without hands on experience. Now, tell me whats wrong with the E250 that won't go into reverse. If you understand it, then explain it.

Reply to
Max Dodge

LOL, what's the matter Max, the problem got you stumped?

Reply to
TBone

Yup, because unlike you, I don't know everything. I just figured since you know better than everyone else, you probably knew this answer too.

Real mechanics and technicians encounter real problems that need real solutions, not bullshit slingers such as yourself..... unless of course, you have the answer, instead of a notsosmartass question to ask in return.

So, have you got the answer I asked for? Or just more running off at the mouth?

Reply to
Max Dodge

I never said that I know everything and unlike you, I can and do admit to error. Even if I were the transmission expert that you claim to be, how would I know the answer to that without even seeing it? Sorry Max, but your question and example are as usual, pointless.

Nice spin but no dice. This is not a question about "real mechanics" and their skills. This is about people (you and Gary) who think that they know everything and then try to hide when they get something wrong. And of all the people to talk about slinging bull, hell, you are a self admitted troll (even in this thread) and that is the primary function of a troll, to sling bull. Now how exactly do you get a linear force out of a lever?

Yep, I have no idea why it is acting that way, just like you. However, unlike your buddy, I do know how a TC works.

Reply to
TBone

No, you don't hence the long thread trying to get you to figure out math when using precentages, segueing back into why K&N filters aren't the good idea they look like, and going further back to... well almost anything you talk about, the latest example being O2 sensors. Most people will go back and look at facts, you whine till someone proves it to you. Unfortunately, unlike the legal system, being honest means finding the proof yourself.

Never claimed to be a trans expert. Thats a title people (including yourself) have labelled me with.

Sadly, you often give answers based on not seeing the problem.

Thats only because you command of the language and the art of conversation are so lacking that you are the only one missing the point.

If it were about that, do you really think I would have posted in an open forum that I'm having a difficult problem with a Ford trans? The evidence against your claim is the very post you are replying to. But that also proves my assertion that you lack a command and understanding of the language.

Yes, in this thread that is exactly what I'm doing. And its working VERY well.

Well, a lever puts out the same type of force that is put into it, the rest should be easy to figure out. (Hint: location of the fulcrum is everything.)

See, I knew you couldn't answer the question without a lame bullshit line. You do so well at looking up other stuff, I figured you could look up my problem as well.

Care to try again?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Long, lol, perhaps you should read and comprehend the twisted path you and your butt buddy made out of the thread. While the thread was long, my input as far as the math itself goes was short.

That was not me again, this time it was you. I simply said that you and Gary use the percentages in a misleading manor and the only thing that really matters is what each filter lets in relative to the total volume of dirt and if it is within specifications of the engine, not to each other. I never said if the K&N was either good or bad.

Once again, continuing to distort the facts to suit your needs.

While this may be true, both you and Gary continue to whine and spin even when someone does prove it.

Bullshit, what it really means is that you never intend to back up any of your bull.

As do you!

Only in your tiny little troll mind.

Sure you would, even experts get stumped and saying that you can't figure something out is not admitting to error.

LOL, not even close.

This and just about every other thread you post to but it not working as well as you think or at least, not in the way that you think.

everything.)

Hint, you still don't know WTF you are talking about and the fact that it has a fulcrum proves it can't so once again, you lose!.

It is not a BS line, it is a fact.

I probably could but so can you. Stop being so damn lazy and look it up yourself.

Sure, making you look like an idiot and watching you dance for me is always fun.

Reply to
TBone

LOL, "Short"... must be code talk for "WRONG"

I see ya achieved another goal I had for you, the sexaul deviation remark.

No distortion, you called someone some names before at least two people called your little game off.

LOL, So you admit it, but its ok, because you think other people do it. Hell, you oughta jump off a cliff, cause hell, "other people do it". Funny thing is, at least five different people proved you wrong in that thread alone, but you kept on going.

I've backed every bit of it. You on the other hand...... LOL

Answer to what? You seem to have snipped the question.

Nope. I give possibilities in order to find the solution. OTOH, you think you've got the solution, and when someone challenges your "proven facts", you scurry for the spin cycle.

Ok, Mr Politically Correct, then why did you try to spin it like it was a problem when you initially read the post?

I've got you calling names, using sexual innuendo, back pedalling, and generally replying to nothing, and you think I'm the one on the hook?

An engine crane is a lever. Does the engine crane lift an engine, or spin it around in circles? Just because it has a fulcrum, doesn't mean the input and output are rotational.

Its a bullshit line. I asked a question about a transmission, you chose to throw bullshit, rather than just answer the question.

I predicted you would try to stab at someone rather than just answer the question, and you did exactly what I figured you would.

I have. But with your superior skills in finding the answers to the questions, I figured you'd be able to do better than me. I guess not.

Careful......

LOL

Reply to
Max Dodge

Sure you did. Pretty much like someone saying "I knew that would happen" after it does, LOL.

Really, try going back and reading it again. I believe that your little buddy started it off calling me an asshat.

No, what I said was that you and Gary are worse. Talk about not understanding the language.

What thread are you talking about now?

You have backed up nothing, as usual. Sorry Maxi, but you word backs up nothing.

Sorry Max, but that is from a few posts back and most of the editing if not all of it is done by you, including this.

Semantics.

"proven facts",

Again, that is you. Now exactly what "proven facts" are you referring to?

I spun nothing. I simply asked a question and since when does a problem become an error or an admission of such? You have yet to ever admit to being wrong on anything and I doubt that you ever will. The thing is that nobody really cares one way or the other.

Pretty much exactly what you are doing now although your sexual innuendo is a bit of a stretch and LOL, yes, you are.

Yes, it is a lever and lifts the engine in an arc which by definition, is a circular (rotational) motion, not a straight line. Sorry Max, you still lose. And as for the lift piston, it swings in an arc as well as it moves with the boom so once again, you are still wrong. Damn you make this easy.

No, you challenged my abilities to answer a question as if only a mechanic can give the right answers on mechanical questions and my response proved that wrong as well.

LOL, yea, sure. I bet you have a 100% correct prediction rate on the lottery shortly after seeing the drawing on TV as well :-) As for stabbing someone in the back, what goes around, comes around and your little buddy is far from innocent on that level.

You would be correct here. Your experience should help you to know where to look and if not, perhaps you might want to look at another career.

Reply to
TBone

Sorry, did I have to notify you what you would be doing?

I don't care what he calls you, really. I'm amused by YOUR tactics in TRYING to be right, not anyone elses in BEING right. Whats amusing here is that you try to justify being less than polite (and THAT is being polite) by saying that someone else did it. SO what? Take a bit of personal responsibility. Besides, my "little buddy" might be right, maybe you are an "asshat". You conduct yourself in a reprehensible manner, you argue about anything, you whine about proof (unless confronted with someone who proivides it, then you DENY the proof.), in short, you act like a seventh grader who just got caught with his dick hanging out in the locker room while looking over the wall into the girls side. It makes for a good movie script, and its just about as musing here.

Yes, lets. See, if you meant we were worse, you need to include that word in your sentence. Or you might try using a phrase that indicates that we are worse. However, you merely noted that you believe Gary and I do exactly as you do. Again, your command of the language is lacking. Or is it just your attempt at spin. I had tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, and allow for a lack of knowledge, but if you know it all, it must be a deliberate attempt to deceive by claiming you said something you most certainly did not.

Whatever it was, its the birth of this one. Mike Simmons, Tom Lawrence, Gary, Denny, and I all proved you wrong on at least one isssue apiece. Although I'll grant that Tom's kicking your ass pretty well right now, so he may be in the lead on number of topics, but Gary has it covered on number of times on one topic.

No, its a matter of I express an idea of what I think is wrong, and allow for other differing views. You, OTOH, seem to think that only your way could be correct.

Interesting. All the lift cylinders I have work in a straight line. Do you have a curved hydraulic cylinder?

Nope, I challenged your ability to answer the question at all in a factual and informed manner. You failed to do so.

No, see..... the lottery is a random event. You, well you are pretty predictable. As in, its predictable that you would pass off your actions as being ok because you think someone else does it. You've done it a least three times today.

Career? Why would you mention career? I said nothing about it........ another attempt by you to change the subject?

Who knows.

Amuse me some more, do reply as soon as possible. I'll be headed off to dinner shortly, so I'll get back to your amazing stories later tonight.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Wonderful what a little reverse psychology can do...... works well on adolescents too. Coincidence?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Can you provide the URL from K&N's website? I didn't really need luck in my search. At

you can find: "To ensure our air filters provide a high level of dirt protection, we regularly test our air filter designs using the testing procedure described above. Those tests demonstrate K&N air filters generally achieve overall filtration efficiency in the range of 97% - 98%, while some of our air filter designs have achieved levels as high as 99%." .... "We encourage customers to do their homework and be aware of the filtration capabilities of an air filter before they buy. Our own testing has revealed wide differences in filtering capabilities. We were surprised to see some disposable paper air filters with an overall filtration efficiency as low as 93%."

It appears you selected the worst case for K&N and the best case for paper. You can't assume paper filters are 98%. Unless you specify a brand that has been tested that is a mis-lead> > I'm not sure where the 98% number for paper comes

Reply to
arkcal

LOL, keep dreaming Maxi. Unlike you, I have a life and don't always have the time to respond to your childish blabbering. You will just have to wait by your PC like a good little puppy until I have the time or the desire to be bothered replying to your crap.

Reply to
TBone

1) You have the URL from K&N's site. 2) You found K&N's own info, not an objective testing of filters. For that, you will need a bit of luck. 3) But since you asked....

A gentleman uses his Audi to test two filters via info from the MAF seonsor.

A rather extensive test on a bunch of filters.

A repost of a test run by a Corvette club.

A not so scientific test, but informative.

There is a start for you. Search parameters: "K&N filter testing" (no quotes)

Reply to
Max Dodge

Yep, because otherwise, we all know that you are full of it.

When why do you care what I call him or anyone else for that matter?

Which is exactly what you and Gary are doing. Is this another Maxworld double standard?

No, I believe that you should treat people as they treat you. I am not justifying what I do by saying someone else does it, but I will respond in kind.

And this comming from the admitted troll, LOL.

The funny thing is that you have described yourself and Gary every bit as much as you think you have described me.

I guess comprehension is not a strong point with you.

LOL, caught in your own spin. I find it comical that even you don't know what you are talking about.

Kicking my ass or just being an ass. It is sadly getting hard to tell anymore.

so he

Too bad more times than not, Gary, like you, has been wrong.

LOL, only in Maxworld

Yes, the lift cylinder is a linear device however it is connected to the lift by T W O pivot points. Can you figure out why?

BS!

And this is different than what you are doing in what way?????

Reply to
TBone

Or you can try this URL

Mike Simmons

I deny no such thing. I simply said and will continue to say that it is a meaningless value used by people like yourself to deceive. The only thing that really matters is that it filters within the required specifications.

Does this make you feel better Gary, that you got me on a Mickey mouse math error. Did you figure out how a TC works yet or do I need to explain it to you again?

Reply to
TBone

Please define "we all". As in, who all? Are you schizophrenic?

Because when you get called a name you usually deserve it, mainly because of your actions. When you call someone else a name, its usually because you can't admit you are wrong.

Um, yeah, of course its exaclty what I'm doing, I just said that. Nope, I said I was amused by YOUR tactics in TRYING to be right, not anyone elses in BEING right. You replied by saying that it was "exactly what you and Gary are doing," which is true, since I just said, "I was amused by YOUR tactics in TRYING to be right, not anyone elses in BEING right." So we agree, no double standard there.

BTW, when you use a pronoun or a phrase based on a previously noted subject without clarifying, you risk not saying what you thought you were saying. Falls under that lack in command of the language thing.

Generally speaking, we treat you pretty damn well until you start calling names or insisting that you know better than those who not only have more experience, but more knowledge as well. Interesting that you should say something like this, since its a typical thing for an adolescent to say when they are coming up in the world.

Yes. See, whether you like it or not, telling it like it is and stating ones purpose IS taking personal responsibility for ones actions. Although I wouldn't call it trolling. Trolling implies that I'm looking for anything to bite the hook. In this case, I'm only looking for YOU to take the hook. So if you want to liken it to fishing, I'd call it trotlining. Put bait at regular intervals and target the bottom feeders.

In order to comprehend, the words have to be correct. Again, this points to your lack of command of the language.

Spin? None here, this thread has become so convoluted its ridiculous. The main reason for that is your inability to stay on one topic for more than a post or two until someone calls your blucff when you spout off about stuff you have no clue about.

We can tell, fairly easily too. It must be that perpetual pain in your ass thats confusing you as to whats happening.

You'll need to provide proof of that.

No BS about it, you had no factual information about the transmission question I posed.

I haven't said at any time that what I do is ok or in any way better or worse than what others do. In fact, I don't compare my actions to anyone else. So to answer your question, what I do is different because I don't respond with, "but HE did it, so why can't I??"

BTW, if you think you are making me dance, I remind you that the subject at hand has been you, and your lack of command of the language, inability to take responsibility for your actions, and the fact that you feel its ok to substitute name calling for factual reply. And this subject has spanned at least 10-15 posts now. Further, when I note that you'll be all over something, you claim to not have time. Yet when I post that you've been manipulated, you are sure to reply as though its brand new.

Now, I don't care when or if you reply to this post, because I've proven my point several times over by now. That will be true whether or not you deny it, so I'm not really interested in your reply. One last piece of advice: Don't reply. Surprise us all and drop it.

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Max Dodge