Torque Spec's Wheel Bearing/Ball Joint

Friends,

I'm getting ready to reinstall...

If I understand the Haynes Manual correct the the Castle Nut should be

175 Ft-lbs and the THREE knuckle bolts should be 125 Ft-lbs? I'm going to do the brakes and rotors since they'll need it in a few months anyway. I'm I okay thus far? I can't tell you how happy I was to get the Castle Nut break loose without the aid of a local tire shop's mobile high pressure impact gun; like last time.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
scorpioex1

Correct on both counts - torque castle nut to 175ft.lbs., THEN if necessary advance it to line up the cotter pin hole. NEVER loosen a castle nut to align the cotter pin - always go tighter.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Thanks Tom,

Another bumb question... caliper torque settings... AND do you have a favorite charity you give to... I'd like to donate a bit for all you do for us and me...

Steve

Reply to
scorpioex1

Sorry Tom I'm a dumb *ss and too slow a reader; 38 Ft-lbs for the calipers right? Charity question still stands.

Steve

Reply to
scorpioex1

Sounds about right - they don't take much.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence