Trans loseing its mind.....

Symptoms: converter locks & unlocks erratically (ordered TPS rewire kit)

symptoms: will not downshift on its own when coming to a stop (I have to pull it in to 1 with the shifter)

suggestions?

Reply to
Billy

First - narrow it down to which one of the below vehicles is exhibiting this problem:

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Reply to
Billy

The reason that I bought a 5 speed, even to the point of giving up on the

360 to get it.
Reply to
TBone

The '95 still has the mechanical governor. The failure to drop into 1st when coming to a stop can be either a faulty governor or a sticky shift valve. Connect a test gauge to the governor test port on the passenger side rear of the main case, with the truck idling at a standstill in Drive the pressure should not exceed 2 psi. If the pressure reading is above 2 psi the governor is faulty, if the pressure reading is 0-2 psi I would suspect a sticky shift valve.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Friday 5:38 PM , as I was exiting the interstate I let off the accelerator, the tach dropped like the Trans was in neutral. I tried to accelerate - nothing.

I towed it to the shop today, should have a estimate on repairs tomorrow.

I checked the mail when I got home this evening and my TPS re wire kit had arrived. :(

Reply to
krenelka

Well it was not that bad, clutch's wore out, general rebuild & new tourq converter.

Reply to
Billy