Turning rotors and front pads

Can anyone tell me what a fair amount would be to turn the front rotors and install new pads on the front of an 04 Dodge ram 1500 4x4 with hemi? The stealership wants $350.00 to do mine with 30,000 original miles and original pads on truck. Should they wear out this quick? It seems like alot to me but I'm not in the business. Thanks Howard.

Reply to
Hp

I was gonna answer your questions but I guess you wouldn't believe me anyway as I work at a "stealership". Sorry....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Did you ever get the vid??????????????????

Reply to
Roy

you can buy new rotors form $30 for adavanceauto pads from $45

Reply to
mpberti

Yep and I watched more than a few of the other ones. Somehow or other I gotta go to one of those shoots. There is one in Tennessee in the spring and fall...Knob Creek or something like that. I hear it is really awesome to see.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

The factory pads are crap and don't last very long. Are the rotors damaged??? If not. leave them alone as turning them usually takes the life right out of them and if they are, just replace them as it will be about the same cost.

Reply to
TBone

Yeah, I wuz gonna help too, but he wouldn't believe me either.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

I guess it depends on the driver, I got darned near 50,000 on mine before I replaced them.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

for pads on both sides and both rotors-sounds about right--pads are about $100 per wheel and rotors about $100. Michael

Reply to
M.Balarama

Oooops! Disregard my other post, I didn't see this. When in the spring? When in the fall? I'm thinking we could meet up there. Or back to plan A or we could do both. I'd like to see one of those shoots myself. I wonder where they got the green tracer.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yup, and with ALL that weight.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yup, depends on the driver and where drives. I think I went about 55k on my first fronts and just changed out front and rear at about 110k miles. Backs probably could have stayed on for another 15-20k, but what the heck. Same smooth rotors. I only smoked them all one time.

As I was pullin my 5th down the Klondike Highway to Skagway, there is a long, long downhill stretch. The scenery is so beautiful, I didn't notice I was riding the brakes untill I started smelling em. I had to find a long place to slow down and stop, and when I did, all 4 wheels were smokin really bad. Nice place to stretch our legs for awhile. I was only into my front pads about 5k miles at the time.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Well, there are 4 wheels so @$100 per wheel that's $400, plus $100 for rotors. That brings it to $500.00. Sounds like the OP is getting a deal @$350. You sure you don't want to revise your numbers?

Reply to
Roy

Are you two taking the Snoman with you?

HELLO???

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

I don't even think I got 30,000

Reply to
TBone

Perhaps for a target.

Hi!!

roy

Reply to
Roy

You spend some time in traffic don't you?

If the rabbit see's more than 10 cars on the road in a week........

Reply to
Roy

4 wheels on the front?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Oh, he's only doing the front? Oops, sorry...............

Reply to
Roy