wanted 2.47 input shaft for an A-833

I am in need of a 2.47 input shaft for an A-833. Anybody have one or know where I can purchase a used one relatively cheap?

Thanks,

Tadjou

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

-- Visit: Massachusetts Mopar Group

tadjou

Hi Tadjou,

My old Direct Connection manual says that's a '70-74 1"x23 spline piece. Unless someone has started repopping them, the gear internals for the A833 haven't been made in decades. The last set of new parts I bought (in the

80s) were synchronizer assemblies that came in boxes marked "AutoGear". They didn't slide worth a darn due to burrs on the hub. My machinist says that, as parts were inspected, anything that didn't meet specification was tossed into a bin. Rather than pitch them into the trash, Chrysler would sell them to the aftermarket. Aftermarket resellers would just put the parts in their boxes w/o any work. Watch out for "new" parts that aren't in MoPar packages!

One or more of these folks may have what you need, or point you in the right direction: Liberty's Gears

's
Mazzolini
Racing
's Auto Parts
Though the synchro teeth on a Drive Pinion gear are used only when engaging

4th, they could still be hammered. I believe Liberty's can cut the old teeth off and weld on a new set on an otherwise-usable part.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan