Weird dash BRAKE LIGHT problem on 2003 2500

Truck:

2003 2500 HD HEMI 2x4

Problem: Sometimes the brake light on the dash display comes on and stays on. If I get out and check the brake lights, they are on but sometimes they are off! Sometimes the dash light will come after and 5 min, 30 min, or and hour or more of driving. When starting the truck sometimes it will come on then go off imediately or not come on at all.

Brake pads are still good and not ready for a change according to the dealer. They also plugged in the computer but nothing came back.

The biggest surprise is my brakes lights are on even if I don't press the brake pedal. I can figure that one out for the life of me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Beall

Bad/mis-adjusted brake light switch is the first thought. Next time you notice your brake lights on, try pulling up on the brake pedal.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Yeah, did that a few times already. I should point out this happens almost daily (the light coming on). Sometimes when I push onthe brake pedal the light goes out but most of the time it does not.

I have 54k miles on the truck.

-S

Reply to
Stephen Beall

The brake warning light is also a low brake fluid warning & or a failure = in the master brake cylinder brake circuit (not all four wheels brake = pressure is correct)

Due to E-Mail spamming bots my reply address is incorrect.

Reply to
Kurt